Has the September release of the new iPhone been confirmed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Aug 4, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I've seen it a couple times here and on the app MacHash news but curious has it been confirmed by Apple or anything legit like New York times etc? Is it just a rumor right now still?

2. chokem macrumors 6502

Everything is a rumor right now. I'm still betting on an October release. But we won't know until we get an official release date from Apple.

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

The only thing (somewhat) confirmed is that they're having an event on Sept 12th.

We won't know anything else until Cook is up on stage telling us.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Did you REALLY just ask that?

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Yes, Jim Dalrymple confirmed the Sept 12 / 21 dates. He has sources inside Apple and has never been wrong. If he says "yep," believe it.

With that said, there is always a small chance that a problem in production or something else will force Apple to move the dates back. But at the moment, that's Apple's plan.

6. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

Yeah, the famous "yep" from Dalrymple is usually a good sign. However, the media would have you believe that Apple has confirmed it and that the leaked design is a for sure thing. The headlines all say things like "Sept. 12th release date confirmed for iPhone 5" and "iPhone new design confirmed". Don't believe those things for a second. Apple hasn't said a word, and they won't say a word.

There is nothing more annoying in the days before a new Apple product launch than the media. They really really suck. They crap all over the product because it gets clicks to criticize things. They declare it a failure before they even know what it is. They tell you not to buy one. They tell you to sell your stock. It's ridiculous. And the Apple haters are almost as annoying. They come out in droves right before the launch and make ridiculous comments everywhere they can.

It's ok--I'm not going to let them ruin my mood. I just got $130 in Apple store gift cards for my bday to go toward my new iPhone. All I need is a release date and a pre-order.