Has this been the most Chaotic (and stupid) MBP Speculations in MR History?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sukanas, Oct 14, 2008.

1. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

thread title

Oh and ive never been on the iphone section of this forum but has the MBP been worse than the 3g speculations, rumors, stupiditidy, etc..?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

MacBook Pro - probably yes, though the "Waiting for Merom" crowd were pretty close.

High end Apple laptop - definitely not. The G5 PowerBook rumours were amazing. It was never, ever going to happen yet people still put their heart and soul into posts decreeing that Cupertino would be taking the black cloths of their new shiny metal G5 PowerBooks as soon as next Tuesday.

After a while it became a catch phrase on here whenever new stuff was to be released. You'll still find most rumours with "G5 PowerBook next Tuesday" as a post somewhere in the first two pages.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The iPhone board was unbearable for about a month. It ended up cluttered with the stupidest questions over and over and over again. I still don't like that forum as much as I used to because it's as if the riff raff are still on there who don't know the difference between 3G and 8GB. Oh yeah, almost forgot the millions of people who wondered if 3G was backward compatible with EDGE.

No, this is nothing compared to that. But it's a little crazy still considering the MR people are yapping on about how this guy and that guy knows his stuff, yet somehow I have never heard of any of them.

4. LinMac macrumors 65816

I think it is fun. Speculation just makes the actual facts all that much more fun.

Who was right, what was wrong, when can I get the shiny? All great questions. :apple:

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I agree. But you omitted the most important question - namely, "Is it definitely coming out next Tuesday?"
    Cheers

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

the powerbook g5? i sure hope so

edit: saw chundles beat me to that reference lol

7. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

Agree with the general sentiment.

Classic.

8. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

WHAT>?!>?!? the G5 powerbook is being released tod...

oh forget it ;)

9. econoline06 macrumors 6502

econoline06

As far as most ridiculous threads, I honestly feel most of the rumors threads are pretty ridiculous. You always get wild speculation and people who base their decisions on information that may never come to be (and often most of the rumors are indeed fake). I say purchase what you need today based on your needs today, and for Mac's sake be happy with your purchase! Computer technology doubles approximately every 18 months now, but keep in mind that the user defines obsolete. If the equipment still does what it was originally implemented to do then it is not obsolete.

10. Logos327 macrumors 6502

I love the who was right/wrong but that generally applies to people who know what they are talking about. Since Thursday this forum has been full of idiots who don't understand reading/posting in current threads or searching. There is a new thread up now with ancient MBP mockups and fakes.

How long does it take to get back to normal?

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Never challenge the speculative fervor around a new Apple product to get even stupider. That's like saying to a six year old, "I bet you could never make a mess bigger than this one."

12. mobi macrumors 6502

mobi

This has been a whirlwind of speculation that easily rivals the PowerBook G5 days. :apple: