Has this kind of involuntary mini restart happened to anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by g35, Oct 26, 2010.

1. g35 macrumors 6502a

Weird occurrence just now on iPhone 4 4.1. Browsing this forum on wifi and listening to music with 22% battery left and the screen suddenly went to the black with white apple for 2 seconds then back to first home screen. Not a full restart, but more like an abbreviated version of it. Guessing it's just a weird quirk but this has never happened to me in 2 years of use and I was planning on jailbreaking for the first time today. Now, I'm worried that this could happen during the jailbreak and make things go horribly wrong.

Should I avoid jailbreaking before I figure out what caused it, or is there no harm if this happens during the jailbreak? Has this happened to anyone else?

Also now the battery usage screen is saying to fully charge to show usage, despite not plugging it in. The multitasking states do not seem to have been saved.

2. NQK macrumors member

NQK

mine did this twice last night while playing angry birds. It flashed to a black screen, then the apple pooped up but I also got the little round circle that you see when shutting down. But it didn't shut down, it popped right back up and asked for my passcode. First time it ever happened. I just did a restore a few days ago because I was having problems connecting to itunes and the app store. I have no idea why it did that.:confused:

3. dave420 macrumors 65816

I've had the phone restart a couple times when opening the camera. Sometimes the camera app would just quit, and other times it would restart. That was on 4.0.1 though and I have had no trouble since updating to 4.1. My phone is jailbroken.