Has UPS messed up any of your orders, too?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DoNoHarm, Oct 1, 2014.

1. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

I'm kind of amazed at how ridiculous this delivery situation is getting. My iphone 6+ was "shipped" back on 9/26 but it seems to be bouncing around China and Korea. I've gotten two "DELIVERY EXCEPTION" notices so far. The sad thing is, I'm in Anchorage, so it should have been delivered sooner since UPS transits up here. Is this typical?

Attached Files:

2. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

The craziness continues... I don't understand you, UPS...

Attached Files:

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

What the heck....I've heard others complain of similar issues with UPS. I think its unacceptable....its not like the only time UPS deals with high volume shipping is when the iPhone comes out...how does a package go back and forth between Korea and China? Maybe its an error? Seams like a costly error to make if its actually going back and forth like that :O Since your in Anchorage its even more unacceptable since thats a major entry point.

5. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

Yeah man! And IT WAS HERE - just a ten minute drive away - only to fly across the continent again.... :confused:

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Several times a year the carriers have to transport millions of extra packages in a short amount of time. Im not saying that UPS is perfect, but mistakes happen with all the carriers.

7. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

Yeah, you're right... Although, then again, this package went to Korea twice, then back to china, then to Hong Kong, then to the destination, then to Louisville, and then had a "weather delay" on a day that was sunny with temps in the 60's to 70's....

I hope my package is clean/dry/intact. And I think it would have been cool if they put stickers on the box from all the cities it went to...

8. pdxmatts, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Same here. UPS told me it was not the weather in KY, but for the flight out across to my state. But UPS is not messing up, they are doing the same route to many of us. Oh, and they told me that they did me a favor and upgraded my delivery that was supposed to be on Friday to arrive on Saturday instead of Monday :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

9. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

Wow, that's really cool. I didn't think I'd actually find someone with a phone on the same flights.

10. glhughes macrumors regular

UPS' distribution hub is in Kentucky.

They aren't prepared to distribute the cargo in Anchorage. They are probably just stopping for fuel or moving all the pallets over to another plane for transit to the hub.

Also note that the "import scan" occurred in KY. That's a pretty big deal as far as US Customs is concerned. You can't just take stuff off of a an international flight without it clearing customs. The cargo hasn't legally entered the country until it gets through customs. Obviously they're not prepared to do that in AK for this cargo.

11. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

12. pdxmatts, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Did you get yours today?

13. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Why you guys don't warn Apple about what's happening ... maybe it could help prevent similar misadventures to happen or at least to reduce them (plus you could get something from Apple to be rewarded : an AppleCare would be a nice gift)

14. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Your iPhone is probably still in China, tracking is never ever reliable. :p

15. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

YES YES YES. I was supposed to get it yesterday. Then that got screwed because it sat in Shenghai for 3 days for absolutely no reason, so it got rescheduled for today.

I was so excited, everytime a car would pass and I would hear that sound, I got butterflies in my stomach. It seemed perfectly reasonable that it would arrive today, it was scheduled for today, it was in a city that was only two hours away, it departed at 6:52 this morning... I even got my case today, and everything was looking great. They even said it would arrive at 12:30-4:30 today. But then nothing came. I kept looking at the tracking details, and it was exactly the same as it was all day. In Transit, departed from Buffalo, NY at 6:52AM. It still says it right now, at 6:37PM.

Now, I have to wait until Monday. I will be busy on Monday, and mostly for the rest of the week. I was so looking forward to having a whole weekend to play with my phone when I was given the original 10/3 estimate. Then, they messed everything up. Twice.

I can't even express my anger. It's mostly that it has taken 12 HOURS TO MOVE A DISTANCE THAT TYPICALLY TAKES 2 HOURS. On top of that, no news whatsoever. Nothing. I mean, at this rate, I probably will receive my iPhone next weekend, and it will probably come with a freaking shattered screen, or it will arrive bent, or it will show dandelion yellow for white, or it will have 30 dead pixels, or it will have dust under the screen, or it will have bubbles in the glass... I live 2 hours away from the nearest Apple Store, so I cant exactly go and set up a Genius Bar appointment every other day.

I may be overreacting, but I HATE. HATE HATE HATE. BEING TEASED. "Looks like you will receive your order this Friday! :D", "Wait, sorry. Make that Saturday. We assure you, it will be on time.", "Actually, just wait out the whole weekend. :cool:"

16. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Anything yet? I know a lot of people where having their deliveries made today cause there was a lot of problems with shipping. I hope you got your phone

James

17. deviant macrumors 65816

Korea is really close to Zheng Zhou or whatever its called. So is Hong Kong. Probably someone scanning the bar code wrong lol

18. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

I called 1800MYAPPLE and complained that I could not plan my days around such unreliable tracking information from UPS. The guy sympathized and gave me their apple.com/feedback form which I also filled out. Didn't get any thing free for my time, but venting felt good.

19. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

It wasn't a phone, but I had to file a case with UPS for a Blue Apple leather case. It showed up as making it all the way to Fort Wayne and out for Delivery, then nothing. It took three days to track it, and then it suddenly showed up in West Virginia. It made it to me three days later and looked like it had been sitting in the bottom of a trash heap. Label was barely visible, package was torn, but the case was just fine.

20. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Nope. It's now 7:25. I have never heard of a UPS truck even touching anywhere near me at 7:30 at night. Definitely will have to wait till freaking Monday.

Still apparently is "In Transit" from Buffalo, NY. Obviously isn't really the case. -_- haven't gotten a changed scheduled delivery or anything. Looks EXACTLY as it did this morning at around 9:30 when I noticed my phone apparently left Buffalo three hours before that point.

21. j7205 macrumors newbie

Like others, I'm still waiting for the UPS truck today and it doesn't look too promising. I had delivery dates that included 2nd, 6th, 7th, back to 2nd then to 7th. Then I saw that my delivery was hijacked by the UPS Special Forces (UPS Proactive Response) and that it will be delivered on Saturday. To make sure, I contacted UPS on Friday and the UPS CS rep assured me that it will be delivered Saturday and he talked like UPS did me a huge favor by upgrading the delivery to a Saturday Delivery. What a joke. It looks like I too will be waiting till Monday.

22. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Yup, mine was almost THE EXACT same thing... I originally had a date of the 3rd, then the 6th, then got the 3rd again, then "UPS Proactive Response" came in, got a date of the 4th, and now it will (should) be arriving on the 6th. I feel like I have been teased like some dog. Hopefully I am not too horribly busy on Monday, that way, I can actually... *Finally* enjoy my phone.

23. rkdiddy, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Count me into this group as well. Really disappointed in UPS. Worst of all, I sold my phone and shipped it on Friday, because it was suppose to be delivered then. Wasn't a big deal to have to wait until today (Saturday) and I've been waiting all day - no dice. Ugh. :rolleyes:

24. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Wow... This is why companies like UPS have to ensure that they actually will be able to deliver on the date they are giving people.

Anyway, to be honest, I wouldn't have minded a Monday delivery at all. It's just the whole being jerked and teased around with dates, extremely hopeful one hour then horribly disappointed the next, several times over.

25. KingArthurVI macrumors regular

KingArthurVI

Does UPS just not do anything on weekends? :( been like this since Friday..

[​IMG]