Has worrying about battery life ruined your gaming experience?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Nov 21, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Those who love their 4s but are worrying about your battery life has it put you off playing certain games? Real racing 2 is an amazing game but due to the fact the improved graphics and being a 3D game has it stopped you from playing it because of how much it drains your battery.

likely say 20-25% an hour is lost due to playing 3D games..guess same will be with I Blade 2 when thats out..and FIFA 12 is the same.

Are you still playing these kind of games as much? for me this is part of the experience and playing these type of games is a big reason why i wanted the 4s. Cant wait for Blade 2 as well...it does drain battery but this graphic performance is what makes it the best phone out there IMO.

Anybody play these games without caring about battery life?

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

No because I hardly ever play games on my iPhone 4S. I use my iPad 2 for that. The iPad is far better for playing games on especially ones like Real Racing HD 2, Rage, Infinity Blade etc.

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Surely though it is the same in terms of affect on battery life?

4. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

The iPad has far better battery life than the iPhone, thanks to its enormous battery (in both generations).

To be honest, though, I usually play iPhone games in bed before I go to sleep, which is right before I plug it in to charge for the night. When I'm out and about, all I play is Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds. Neither of those seem to have much effect on battery life, although they aren't as graphically intense as the ones you mentioned (of course).

I tend not to game for more than roughly 20-30 minutes max on my iOS devices in one session, to be honest. I do the heavy gaming on my Mac with Boot Camp.

Long story, short: don't expect your iPhone to last that long playing advanced games. I'd recommend using it while plugged in if you want to do a serious gaming session with it.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

Nope. My iPad's battery lasts a lot longer then my iPhone's with the same kind of usage. Even on stand by without any use it lasts much longer. That said the 3G on my iPad only gets turned on when I want to access the Internet and can't use Wi-Fi. That probably is partly the reason why.

6. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

There is a bunch of angry bird games but which one do you use? thinking of downloading one...so wanting to get some opinions on the best games to play really.

7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I rarely play CPU/GPU intensive games on my 4S. I have a PS3 and 360 for that.

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

You can't play PS3 or 360 games on the go. They aren't portable. Sometimes I want to play a AAA gaming experience while travelling/communiting or away from home.

9. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

As I said, CPU/GPU intensive games like RR2 I rarely play. But small games I do.

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

Different people look for/want different experiences. I like playing the simple games on the go but I also like playing the more complex and graphic intensive games. That said I do have a 3DS and plan on buying a PS Vita.

11. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Yeah, I'm just saying what I prefer.

I have PS Vita on pre-order.