Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrpiii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hailey, ID
I ordered a MBA as soon as the online store opened after the Keynote, 10 June. It said shipping in 2-4 Business Days. My credit card has been charged and the status for two days has been and still is, as we pass 4 business days, Preparing for Shipment. I'm a bit irritated. The TC I ordered at the same time has arrived, also from China. Has anyone who ordered a MBA from the online store actually received their MBA?

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
I ordered a MBA as soon as the online store opened after the Keynote, 10 June. It said shipping in 2-4 Business Days. My credit card has been charged and the status for two days has been and still is, as we pass 4 business days, Preparing for Shipment. I'm a bit irritated. The TC I ordered at the same time has arrived, also from China. Has anyone who ordered a MBA from the online store actually received their MBA?

Ordered Monday came Wednesday.

Neeyul

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
Ordered BTO Tuesday and just shipped this morning. Delivery estimate with FedEx standard puts it at Thursday, but hopefully will get it sooner.

They're shipping both UPS and FedEx.

unknownfps

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2013

I also ordered right after the Keynote ended and when the Apple Online Store got back up.
I bought the i5/256/8gb
Mine came in today at 10 am from UPS.

Surprisingly, I did standard free shipping but I got an express shipping, free of charge! So that's probably why I got it as early as possible for someone who lives in the Southeast. The expected date was next week thursday, I'm glad it came way early! It's amazing, and the battery life made it more awesome! It's perfect.

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
Ordered a 13/i7/8gb/512 on Wednesday and I've also still got 2-4 days. Getting pretty desperate here myself...

mcru21

macrumors member
May 16, 2012
Ordered BTO Tuesday and just shipped this morning. Delivery estimate with FedEx standard puts it at Thursday, but hopefully will get it sooner.

They're shipping both UPS and FedEx.

Same here.

RyanF2009

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2006
Orlando, FL
Ordered 13/i7/8GB/512GB on Tuesday. Still hadn't shipped yesterday so I canceled it and went to the Apple Store and picked up the same model there...

mj1108

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
California
We've been talking a bit about shipping in the sticky at the top of the forum.

I ordered mine Monday afternoon a few hours after the keynote. It was slated to be here Monday but then got changed to Tuesday. Here's to hoping it still somehow shows up Monday.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Ordered 13"/i7/8GB/128GB MBA on Monday, 1/2 an hour after online store reopened. Selected free standard shipping. Apple delivery estimate June 18 - 20. UPS delivery estimate June 17 by 10:30am. Actual delivery June 14 at 10:25am, 94 hours after ordering.

Unfortunately I think the OP is the exception - I'm sorry.

RowellE

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Ordered BTO 13"/i5/8gb/128gb.

Ordered Monday when the Apple store was back up. They estimated the 18-20 for delivery date. Laptop left Shanghai, China on Wednesday and UPS estimated delivery on 17th.

From China it went to Kentucky then for some reason went to Alaska then back to Kentucky before finally making its way to Seattle at my door on Friday morning at 10:30am.

Box said UPS express shipping which I didn't pay for. I just selected the free shipping, so that was cool. Got my Air 2 days after it shipped. Not bad at all!

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
Just got the shipment notification this morning for my BTO 11"/i7/8GB/256GB. Unfortunatly with FedEx. They say it's gonna be here on June 20th (ordered on June 12th with an estimate of June 19-21).

Danboard

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Pardon my ignorance, but what's BTO?

BTO="Build To Order". I understand your ignorance; took me some time to realize the meaning too!

Ordered mine on the day of the Keynote but changed the specs the following day. I received my Shipment Notification June 14 and will be expecting delivery on the 21st. BTO 11"/i5/8GB/256GB.

I hope the OP will get a Shipment Notification soon. It can be irritating when you read about other's orders being shipped while waiting for one.

jjfcpa

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2009
Order a 13" i7/8/512 shortly after the keynote and I've been tracking it on Fedex website. Scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, the 18th.

RowellE

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Order a 13" i7/8/512 shortly after the keynote and I've been tracking it on Fedex website. Scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, the 18th.

Aww, you could have gotten that config at the Apple store on Wednesday.

RowellE

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
In all fairness he/she may not live close to an Apple Store....

Well yeah.. Obviously my comment was for if he or she lived near one. If he or she doesn't, then my reply does not apply.

Anyways, I think anyone who orders ultimate versions online should automatically get a free upgrade to fastest shipping. :)

jjfcpa

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2009
Aww, you could have gotten that config at the Apple store on Wednesday.

I know. I checked my order status with Apple that morning and was going to cancel the order and just go to the Apple store and purchase, but it had shipped already. I didn't want to buy one at the Apple store and then send the shipped one back. That wouldn't be fair to Apple. I only live about a mile away from the Apple Store at Village Pointe - Omaha.

I'll just be patient till Tuesday. I'm leaving town for a week on the 25th so as long as I get it in time to migrate everything from my rMBP 15", I'm good.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011

There's already a thread about this and it's even a sticky so it's hard, but clearly not impossible, to miss. Click Here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.