Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
I am reinstalling GarageBand, iMovie, and iPhoto but can't seem to remember if they were on the Dock and what position they were under. Can someone please post a screenshot of the default locations for those 3 apps on the dock? They are in Launchpad but I want to put them in the Dock. Thanks.

Edit - Also where is it exactly in Launchpad? Thanks.

Last edited:

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
I am reinstalling GarageBand, iMovie, and iPhoto but can't seem to remember if they were on the Dock and what position they were under. Can someone please post a screenshot of the default locations for those 3 apps on the dock? They are in Launchpad but I want to put them in the Dock. Thanks.

Why in the world do you care?

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I don't have the answers to your questions, but screen shots on reviews such as engadget's will probably have it.

Mr Dobey

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008

Anal to the extreme......

Jul 1, 2007
Indiana
I am the same way. With every update, I keep my iPhone home screen to the default. Drives me insane when I go to use someone's phone and the app icons are all over the place and I have to hunt for them. :p

snowwhite007

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ball deep

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
If anything, I get out of my way to undo whatever crap Apple puts in the dock. But if you wanted to be so anal about having a "store" like out of box experience, why didn't you just go at the source instead of asking ?

overview_hero_gallery_software.png

geekygeek

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2011
All these replies and only one answer. Launchpad is thing where the interface is iOS like. Do a 5 finger grabbing motion on the trackpad and use fingers to scroll between pages.

halledise

macrumors 68000
All these replies and only one answer. Launchpad is thing where the interface is iOS like. Do a 5 finger grabbing motion on the trackpad and use fingers to scroll between pages.

how to get apps from Launchpad into the Dock is to do the '5 finger grabbing motion on the trackpad' that you mention and then once the apps are wobbling, click and drag (normally) the app to the Dock.

yet going direct to Applications folder and dragging from there is infinitely easier, imho.

miggitymac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2009

If you did a clean reinstall of Lion, without restoring from a backup, then the dock apps should be in their default location. Then when you install iLife, the apps will also go into their default positions on the dock automatically.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Really? And your on a Mac forum for what reason?

Because he owns a Mac probably ? Why else would he be on a Mac forum ?

----------

You didn't understand the OP at all. It's not that he wants to know how to get Apps into Launchpad, it's that he wants to know their exact position in Apple's default installed image.

So much for criticizing others about not answering the OP. :p

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Perhaps Apple spent millions of research dollars looking for subtle productivity gains depending on the order of icons. We should probably all leave them in the default order, just in case.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Perhaps Apple spent millions of research dollars looking for subtle productivity gains depending on the order of icons. We should probably all leave them in the default order, just in case.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did. In fact, the order of the icons are probably considered more important than the exact amount of curvature on an iPhone.

I read a few weeks back about how Steve Jobs was so nutty, he called an exec at Google because the Google iPhone icon had a different blue than the one used in their website logo.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Wouldn't surprise me if they did. In fact, the order of the icons are probably considered more important than the exact amount of curvature on an iPhone.

What about us folk that don't use any of the default apps though ? Studying how to arrange icons for "productivity" is pointless because no 2 users uses the same combination of apps to be productive with.

With the default dock, I would have no way of launching my applications besides spotlight or browsing down to /Application.

Neg3dB

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2011
People love their 'new car smell' so it is not that unusual to want that 'new mac look'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.