Hate to wear down my mbp keyboard so this is what I do...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by peapody, May 2, 2010.

1. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

[​IMG]

Almost looks like I have a white keyboard huh..

[​IMG]

I tried taking apart the white keyboard and putting the keys in the mbp but the scissor mechanism is different. I wish there was a way to switch them out. Going to give it another go. I think white keys on a mbp would look kind of nice. :eek: Anyone know of any one who has done this mod? I did a search, and found people have modded the backlight to make it ia different color. That is pretty cool too. Maybe an old white macboook...hmm..

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

I have. It's called MROOGLE.

Har har.

4. gianly1985 macrumors 6502a

gianly1985

Much better:

[​IMG]

Your keyboard is safe and the screen is at a better height.

5. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Are you serious lol?

You realize the keyboard is there for you to type on. By the time that keyboard even starts to where down youll have already gotten 2 new laptops.

Honestly your harddrive or GPU will probably fail before your keyboard would wear out.

6. ssdar macrumors member

7. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

8. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I agree. It would take years of constant use to wear out the keys. If you're so paranoid, why not just ask Apple for a second set of keys when that time comes, sometime around 2045. :rolleyes:

9. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

Haha yeah that is true.

But one of my biggest peeves is oil spots on my keyboard, which just happen naturally with black keyboards. I also have the moshi clearguard - but it is sooo annoying to type on.

The Mstand or elevator - had both. Haha..somehow just didn't like my lcd being elevated. I know I am wierd.

Anyways, just a temporary solution until I figure out these keys. Would love to have the white on there.

10. Sailorloco macrumors member

Agree with SSADR, I use the protective cover that u can get at Apple store. Mine is black to match the MBP. Have used cover since day one and keys still look brand new. I wasn't worried about key wear I was more concern about spill protection.

Mando

11. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

I know that the aluminum wireless keyboards have the rubber feet on the rear drum-foot, but what about the front? Won't the slight movements of the keyboard wear away the anodization in the space between the keyboard and the mouse?

12. santos79 macrumors regular

:rolleyes:Do you have you have a clear plastic cover for your couch too?

13. zappafan macrumors newbie

Couldn't have put it better myself!

What about the backlighting on the MBP keys? The white keys won't work with it.

You could buy a box of surgical gloves!

14. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

My friends and I are caffeine junkies, and I needed reliably protection for my keyboard and trackpad. To cover the keyboard, I bought a $10 cover that's paper thin off of the street. No holes in it, the quality of the silicone is excellent, and it doesn't make the keyboard feel alien. For the trackpad, I just bought a really large piece of that stuff that people put on their laptop screens, cut it down to size, and then stuck it on. The trackpad now has this awesome liquidly feel, and both components are still brand new.

15. mattgoldey macrumors member

16. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

Hahaha.
    Maybe I should.

Yeah you are right about the backlight. That's the sucky thing.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

peapody, I've thought long and hard about this. Your Delta Tau Chi name is... Flounder. :D

18. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

hahahah heyyy.....

Call me flounder when i start bringing the keyboard out to starbucks with me. lol

19. snaky69 macrumors 603

OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) much?

It's a laptop, you bought it to use it, no for it to look pretty, unless you're one of those guys/gals that bring their laptop to starbucks with them to appear busy?

20. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Very nice. Where did you get that aluminum laptop stand?

21. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

Nope.

Pharmacy student (so I actually have to study and do work - but I am not right now because it is too hot here in Baltimore!)

Ebay powerseller (keep my electronics in the top top condition so that if down the line I want to upgrade, I can sell for top dollar (ie my 2.15ghz C2D MBP which I bought for $1100 2 years ago and sold just recently for $1000. Bought this 2.53 with 80gb SSD for $200 more). There are advantages to being OCD.

22. devils punchbow macrumors member

You beat me to it.

Take your meds OP.........

23. mattgoldey macrumors member

24. acesam macrumors member

can you tell me the name of that little pillow you use as wrist support? looks awesome

25. m85476585 macrumors 65816

I think you should just leave the computer sealed in the box. There's too much risk of damaging a speck of dust on it otherwise.