Hat's off to Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wxman2003, Apr 12, 2013.

1. wxman2003 Suspended

Just went through the worst ice storm I have ever experienced. 2 inches of freezing rain with 50 mph winds, followed by 6 to 10 inches of wet snow. Widespread power outages and tree damage. Yet through it all, never lost phone service or LTE even though their towers were coated in thick ice.

2. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

And people are complaining about an extra 4 months in their contract. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Verizon is the best in the US.

3. rockitdog Suspended

So true, if money isn't an option Verizon does have the best coverage. They certainly have the highest fees.

4. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Yup, VZW and AT&T are great.

When Sandy hit last year, they were both working perfectly up here in Boston. Sprint went down.

I went to Jersey Shore over Thanksgiving and AT&T/VZW had COWs up in the area, whereas Sprint and T-Mobile users basically had no service.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Depends on location like every carier in the world.

For me here in Denver, I gave Verizon a year and broke my contract in January. Why? Because I could never get 3G at home and every call at home was dropped. All they could ever tell me was that they were constantly working on their network and to give it a while. I waited a year, broke the contract and sold the bad ESN 64GB 4S on eBay for $375.

Now I am on T-Mobile and could not be happier with a 4S and a Nexus 4. Speeds are so good that I just leave WiFi off.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

^ This. There are certainly other carriers that meet people's coverage needs. I happen to prefer VZW but proclaiming them universally best is nonsense. Best is always highly subjective except for the fanboys.

7. Bear macrumors G3

Let me amend that Verizon Wireless is what you mean. Verizon landline has customer support issues.

8. Casey55 macrumors newbie

Casey55

In northern suburbs of Chicago. Had ATT no service at home, dropped calls in car. Switched to Verizon can use phone at home and in car. No dropped calls either.

My brother who also switched gets dropped calls while in Florida.

So it all depends.

9. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

hats off, not hat's off.....

not only that.. why have people started praising companies for doing what you pay them to do in the first place........ it's just rain and ice, not raining concrete......... it's not even like they are going out of their way to help you.. it's just basic service................

besides.. modern cell towers have built-in sensors which automatically boost signal strength when there's heavy rain or w/e.. it's really nothing new..

hats off to the Subway employee for taking my order! !

10. SCIONTX macrumors regular

lol