have 2 macs and only have 1 copy of final cut express 4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rangerfreak1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. rangerfreak1 macrumors member

as i stated above i just bought a new mac and i had final cut express on my old mac,so i uninstalled it from my old mac and reinstalled it on my new mac. is this ok? am i going to get some nasty letter in the mail or worse.i herd that this was ok as long as you deauthorized it but i did not know how to do that, as i said i just uninstalled it.

2. rangerfreak1 thread starter macrumors member

3. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

im no expert on this but i think its legit.

I mean you bought the software. and you did attempt to deauthorize on the old computer. not to mention that both the computers are in the same household. so what would apple do?

4. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Don't worry, Apple aren't going to come after you for that. They can't even tell it's installed on both computers (unless you register it with them, possibly. Even then, Apple probably wouldn't be able to tell, or notice, or care.)

5. ghoztman macrumors regular

You can install it on both machines, you just can't run them both simultaneously on the same network. The application has a sniffer, so if you try to run it on a machine where another instance of the application is already running, you will get a message telling you exactly that.

6. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

I haven't seen this in any of Apple's pro apps myself - do you know this from experience, or have you got a link? I know that Office 2008 does this.

You could use Little Snitch to block network connections from FCE.

7. rangerfreak1 thread starter macrumors member

thanks everybody for you help and time spent in replying to my post