iPhone Have 3GS... whats the latest iOS with Untethered Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by norazi, Jul 27, 2013.

1. norazi, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013

norazi macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I have an old iPhone 3GS thats already jailbroken (dont remember the method it was long ago)

3GS specs:
    - iOS 4.3.3 (8J2)
    - Model MC133LL
    - Serial: 32123XXU3NR
    - Moden: 06.15.00

I use it as a headless music player controlled by Veency (VNC Server) and nothing else, i dont care for any phone features, etc... just need it to run Pandora, Slacker, iPod, and Veency (via Cydia) reliably 24/7

its been getting kind of laggy recently and I think it needs a reset and I though I might as well update to a more recent version of iOS (something thats old enough to have an untethered jailbreak so I dont need to worry about restarting and I have heard the most recent iOS versions do not run well on older hardware)

So I am pretty much asking what I should do here... what version of iOS is best in my situation and whats the best method of getting it on there?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Make sure you save your shsh blobs before upgrading to anything. 4.3.3 is a very good jailbreak, and firmware in general for the 3gs

4. norazi thread starter macrumors newbie

in that case I think I will stick with 4.3.3 since it works

how do I "reset" my phone without upgrading or losing jailbrea? all the tutorials i see online are for iOS 5+

ie: http://www.iclarified.com/31366/how...sing-your-jailbreak-using-semirestore-windows

5. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

well, first make sure your shsh blobs for 4.3.3 are saved either on your computer, or in cydia. then after that, I'm not sure. i think you download the iOS 4.3.3 ipsw, and set your host ip to cydia?