Have a 24" inch iMac, great condition, but I wanna switch to a laptop. My options?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheSahand, Feb 28, 2009.

1. TheSahand macrumors member

So i've been very happy with my iMac but more and more the downside of being chained to a desk has gotten to me.

So I was wondering if anyone has had experience selling a mac that was current generation, not some old G4 they had sitting around.

I doubt theres a way I can actually sell it BACK to Apple for a little store credit and whatnot. But got any ideas?

The computers in great condition, maxed out RAM, everything

2. rfrankl macrumors 6502

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

Try selling it on craigslist first, you might get very good price for your iMac close to about 70-80% of the value that you paid for.
    Ebay means extra fees that goes into your profits unless you sell the iMac for higher price. (dont forget paypal fees)

4. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

He cannot sell it on here he is a newbie

5. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Some independent retailers do offer some form of buy-back or trade-in credit. Find out who your local resellers are and see if any of them offer that sort of thing, maybe you'll get lucky.

Otherwise, Craiglist is probably best. Good luck!

6. sifractusfortis macrumors newbie

Check your Private Message Inbox

Hey, I just sent you a private message. I'm looking for an iMac and have a MacBook Pro that I'd like to trade. I've posted mine on craigslist, but have gotten nothing but spam. I sent you a message with my specs.

7. kitch95 macrumors regular

kitch95

It may be slightly off topic but I have a imac and now have a netbook perfect partners. The Imac can do anything I through at it and the netbook is small light and portable handles what I want to do on it pretty well.