Have a iPhone 3G Film? (IS,BG,GA,PS,BSE) Post your pics!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Joey7071, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Joey7071 macrumors newbie

Ok, im tired of all these comparisons of 3G films with no greatly detailed pics. Only good pics I have seen was of bodyguardz thanks to theotherrogue in his review thread and it looks great.

But the thing is I live about 20 min away from a apple store that sells Power Support film. Which I heard was the best for the front but I have read it doesn't cover the whole screen.

I live 15 min away from Macmedia that sells InvisibleSHIELD, and this is what I had for my 1st Gen iPhone (but I only purchased the front). But it looked pretty good thought it could be better though.

And I live 20 min away from Arizona Mils The only place Ghost Armor has a shop stand in the U.S.

I would like to pick the best front and the best back doesn't matter if they mix just as long as it looks great so please post your detailed pics of the front back and sides..

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

I don't have any pics myself (my order of BSE JUST shipped today), but for what it's worth I've read in these forums that the Power Support Crystal Films not covering the entire front was a mistake on their part. It was a bad initial batch that wasn't cut properly and has been subsequently corrected. A user in these forums wrote them regarding his Crystal Film. They told him to provide proof of purchase from Apple Online (where he'd purchased it) and sent him a free replacement.

I'll post my BSE pics when it gets in, though I only got the screen protector. I'm waiting for a Contour Flick to protect the back.

3. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Someone posted elsewhere that the PS film was incorrectly cut and they are shipping corrected ones now.

4. Joey7071 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply's if they corrected the front I'm probably gonna go with Power Support for the front since I read they had the best front for the 1st gen iPhone

5. method84 macrumors member

ill throw up some pics of my ivisibleshield in an hour or so im still trying to get the corners down:mad: overall im not really crazy about it...doesnt even cover the chrome bezel...:rolleyes:

6. method84 macrumors member

heres some pics...just installed an hour ago...you can see where it cleary doesnt protect the chrome piece....but all in all it looks pretty tough

Attached Files:

7. method84 macrumors member

and lastly, heres the front this was the easiest and took only 2 mins:D

Attached Files:

8. showtime macrumors 6502

Does the film make the phone look really shiny like it's wrapped in saran wrap or is it really not that noticeable?

9. method84 macrumors member

its deffintely noticeable you can see where the corner flaps are on mine at least thats the most noticeable part mainly because as many times as I washed my hands before I put this thing on they were still dirty so you can see the edges:) Nevertheless, its noticeable...I bet the black would be less noticeable though

10. kleinishere macrumors member

I just spent the last 2.5 hours applying the back of a bodyguardz set and wow - it was exhausting to say the least. Getting the corners down (not the flaps that cover the bezel) near the rounded off edges was incredibly difficult. It's drying now and I'll post pictures either tomorrow or the day after.

11. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I just applied a BSE to my 3G. Not crazy about the fact that the back comes in 2 pieces, however it goes on clean and looks great. Besides the small seem where the 2 halves meet on the back, you really can't tell it is there.

The BSE also comes up and around and protects the chrome bezel leaving only a little bit exposed. I didn't apply the front piece on yet because I am using a screen protector and not sure I want to change it out yet.

The tabs in all the corners went down easy and the skin covers almost every bit of plastic, even around the sim, ear piece, volume. Very detailed.