Have a Samsung 15" rMBP but a little worried...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spetsnazos, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Spetsnazos macrumors regular

I really don't want to return the laptop but I am worried I will get stuck pixels or other screen issues down the line. Do you guys think this is rare and it's just exacerbated by people on this forum or is this really a super-beta version of the retina macbook and I should return it before the holiday return period expires and get a PC laptop for now?

Thoughts?

2. TheSpeaker macrumors member

Just enjoy it for pete's sake. You spend all this time worrying and no time enjoying the kit or using it for what it's meant for. This forum blows up mundane issues and make people like you think they are more widespread than they are.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

4. mrbigglessworth macrumors member

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

People you see complaining on forums about computer in general, not just Apple products, are usually a very vocal minority.

You barely ever see someone bothering to sign up on a forum to say "hey, I bought XYZ computer, and everything works perfectly fine and I'm 100% happy with my purchase".

If it does indeed occur, you have 1 whole year from date of the purchase to make sure everything is fine.

6. Dyno-Mike macrumors regular

In my case they certainly did. I looked for them when I bought it and had none. 4 months later I had 7 white stuck pixels and bad IR until i got the screen changed.

To the OP, just enjoy it while you have it and if it develops a problem then Apple has your back.

7. Spetsnazos thread starter macrumors regular

Thats what I'm worried about, Apple deciding they don't want to cover it down the line or they give me an LG display with IR

8. NewishMacGuy macrumors 6502a

NewishMacGuy

Wha'!

This smells suspiciously like the underside of a bridge down by the river...

9. Dyno-Mike macrumors regular

I think they are only replacing them with Samsung screens and not LGs from what ive experienced and read
    on here.

10. TheSpeaker macrumors member

Oh for frak's sake.

11. Spetsnazos thread starter macrumors regular

ok cool thats what im hoping for :)

just dont want to get screwed down the line...really like the laptop so far :)

12. desmotesta macrumors member

+1

People are treating these thingslike $225,000 Ferraris

I dont get it

Just use and enjoy the darn thing

13. GekkePrutser macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

That's because they cost as big a portion of a normal person's disposable income as a Ferrari costs to the average Ferrari buyer ;)

They are extremely expensive computers for people with a day job. I think that warrants them to demand more of it.

14. desmotesta macrumors member

The answer to your post is in my Sig.

DON'T buy a "computer" that is a major portion of your income.

Unless your profession/small business is actually going to make money off the computer (in which case you can write off the expense anyways) buy a computer as a utility and spend what you can/would on a utility.

The $4000 MBP doesn NOTHING a $2000 non-apple laptop cannot - rest is simply clever marketing and "gotta have it"!!!!!

15. wiznet macrumors regular

Oh for Christ's sake OP...

Enjoy the god damn laptop... it's amazing, and I'll never buy another type of laptop computer again.

Best computer I've ever used, hands-down. If you do end up having a problem, Apple will help you.

16. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Just a little..??

To be honest, I am almost terrified.. that being said, I'll likely get over it, as I usually do..

Hope yours works out, worried is no way to be!! :apple:

17. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

If you were concerned about issues with both, why did you purchase it? The chance is there. These are first generation products.

You've drifted into stupid question territory. If you don't want the machine, why not return it today? These are really pre-sale concerns. You purchased it. Everything is currently fine. If that isn't enough, you shouldn't have purchased it.

18. mac jones macrumors 68040

This.

I actually read in another one of these sad threads (or this one), where a guy seemed to think the IR issue was hurting Apple's bottom line. I was going to post but it is tiresome. I mean, you're not going to be able to discuss anything so what's the point?

Makes me wonder.....

19. trismeplz macrumors newbie

Just got my RMBP back from the service centre for a SECOND screen replacement?! First replacement screen was a LG and the second one is a Samsung...

20. Dyno-Mike macrumors regular

Unlucky. What was wrong with the first replacement?

21. trismeplz macrumors newbie

Sleep/wake problem, image retention and screen tearing that persist even upon restart.... Tried sleeping p, waking dozens of times on the samsung screen and its running smoothly like a champ....