Have an Apple Watch Space Grey...considering selling and purchasing Gold Sport?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by snarestud940, Sep 14, 2015.

1. snarestud940 macrumors 6502a

Is anyone else in the same boat as I am? I have an Apple Watch Space Grey Sport that I LOVE! However, I'm a little pissed at myself for not waiting, as I think the gold versions of the sport are much more attractive. However, black/grey does go with everything lol. I'm driving myself crazy because I alway had white iPhones, and then went back to black with my 6+. I love it! When I get the iPad Pro later this year, I will also be getting black for that as well.

I like the yellow gold, but also like the rose gold shade of the sport. I'm truly undecided.

Anyone else in the same boat?

2. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

Get both! I'm sure Apple would be happy with that decision. :D

3. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

4. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502a

which model? i also have the white sports band, the milanese loop, and the blue leather loop.

5. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

I am in the same boat as you, going to list my SG on eBay for the ideal amount and if no one bites at it I will just keep it. I also have a clone black link and am considering holding onto it as I think the black/gold combo looks good. On the other hand I know that bundling it with the watch will increase it's selling price for sure

6. 1000 macrumors member

I sold my SS 42mm for a Yellow Gold Sports, don't regret it one bit, especially since I'm rocking the black leather strap with it... it looks much better than the SS model.

7. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

I have a SG Sport 42mm. I'm within my exchange period and I'm upgrading to the 42mm SS with red band. None of the metal or leather bands go with space gray. Same can largely be said for the new gold watch.

8. ddkkpp macrumors 6502

ddkkpp

the leather loop band works great with my space grey.

thinking of selling my space grey for a gold one. what prices do they fetch internationally? the vancouver craigslist market sucks. new in box, never used for under 500 CAD.

9. 1000 macrumors member

The new sports gold looks incredible with either the black or blue leather loops btw.

10. 1000 macrumors member

The blue and black leather loops look incredible with the gold model sports.

11. Jal macrumors newbie

Jal

Just don't wear the milanese loop with the gold. Looks awful, imo. I've tried this in person. Maybe you can return that strap?

12. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

I think the midnight blue strap with gold pin looks absolutely phenomenal. I tried the gold Sport, but decided to return it since it only matched with one of my work shirts. In the end, I swapped my SS BCB for a Space Black SS with BSB.

13. rob.james.arias macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

I recently sold my sport silver, had a milanese band and a link band. SOOO depressed now, and I really thought it through before I did it. I have a gold macbook, gold 6+, gold wedding band and so the move seemed natural. The gold sport really is copper.

On another note, the gold color of the macbook is very different from the phone, which is different yet from the watch. The macbook is almost a rose gold...

14. fania123 macrumors regular

fania123