Have an iPhone 4. Want to downgrade to cheap phone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nacarlson, Apr 13, 2011.

1. nacarlson macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Right now I have a 2 year contract through AT&T for my iPhone 4. Would it be possible to switch my plan to their least expensive phone/plan combo?

In other words, I would like to actually keep my iPhone, and get a separate "dumb" phone and plan from AT&T. Is this possible? I'm trying to avoid the termination fee.

Thank you.

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I don't see why you couldn't put your SIM card in a dumbphone and get the $39.99 plan only.

But here's another idea. Do you have any friends or family with AT&T? IF so, you can add on to their family plan and only pay $9.99 for voice, and $15 for data. That would be even cheaper and you could keep your iphone.

3. Jmouse macrumors 6502

Hi there, I have just the right answer for you.

Now if your after a Budget phone that can make and receive calls plus sms.

I would buy a prepaid phone from AT & T, however much you wants to pay for it.

Give that prepaid sim to a friend or someone who needs it. Chuck your AT & T iphone 4 plan sim card in there.

That way you avoid terminating your contract, you can still use your per month call usage and internet.

Down side is you arent going to get the full out of your iphone 4 plan. Unless your using an iphone.

Hope this helps.