Have Android phones stopped the innovation in the phone market? Iphone only option?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Oct 20, 2011.

?

Have Android phones stopped the innovation in the phone market?

1. Yes we no longer see good phones like Cybershot/Walkman or 3310's. Iphone only real option.

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. No Android phones are the future and all have unique innovative designs better than Iphone.

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Now they call copy Apple there's no real design quality there just a production line of budget phones and the odd high end model that looks exactly like last years.

So it's meant to take on the App market but that's at it's peak now what is there not an app for?

Think of all the classic phones we have had 3310, 3510, 7210 K750i, K800i, C905, W995, N95, N96, Pixon, Viewty, N Gage, V600 the list is endless.

Name one stand out Android? Within three months it's out of date. Blackberry and Iphone are the only alternative to these clones production line models for an original design right now. Name one Android that's still cool after 18 months like Iphone 4?

There smart phone market has finished design. No longer do we get Cyerbshot and Walkman phones it's Xperia but which model? I can remember when it was SE's flagship smart phone now it's a watered down brand and a production line of cheap Iphone wannabes. No wonder Sony Ercisson are not popular now they lost ground after the C905 and it's faults and made the big error going with Symbian. I'm actually a fan of Samsungs Bada OS found on Wave phones it's got less apps on it's store but it's faster and the design is better.

Samsung and SE need to go back to the drawing board. Anybody remember the W995 the sound quality was probably better than an Iphone through speakers. Why can't we get flagship walkmans again?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

I was ex Sony Ericsson my list was:

T300, K700i, K750i, K800i, K850i, C905, W995

In years before that I had one LG which was poor, lasted a day with a Samsung and Motorola V500 and E365. Motorola stopped making good phones so a few years later I went SE.

*Also not being pro Apple I would NEVER have got a 3GS due to poor camera and never liked the curve back design*

4. thenerdal macrumors 65816

Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S2.

That is all.

5. lilo777 macrumors 603

So you are complaining that there are too many good Android phones on the market so that none of them stands out?

6. Highcroft macrumors regular

The K800i was my favorite phone before the iPhone was introduced but the cameras in the Xperia line easily surpasses it. Also, HD OLED screens from Samsung and unibody designs from HTC seem like fairly nice innovations.

7. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I don't see how this is Android's fault. There are Androids with great sound quality, camera quality, and innovative features. Since Apple (supposedly) started the iPhone form-factor trend, isn't it really their fault?

Btw, I had several K800i's, and a C902, and Android/iPhone/WP7 devices are by far better.

8. rookiezzz macrumors regular

I missed the time when phone's simple, the old days for RAZR v3 series users :D

Simple, flip, thin, cool design, good materials!