Have any of you been charged yet on your new iMac order?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 212rikanmofo, Sep 25, 2013.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

My credit card got charged yesterday. And I thought they only do that she it ships. I'm still showing a timeframe between oct 5-9 though.

2. borgqueens macrumors member

borgqueens

I have not been charged yet. I think they charge when they are ready to ship / send it to customer address.

3. ChitoCrisis macrumors member

I just checked and yes, I've been charged as well. I haven't received an email update or anything regarding my order though.

4. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

5. theRevIsNotDead macrumors member

theRevIsNotDead

I haven't been charged. Mine shows ship date of 8 - 11 though. I'm in Canada. Does that usually hold up, or can you get them a bit earlier?

6. FreemanW macrumors 6502

It is solely dependent on your particular CC carrier. Very likely, they've (Apple) placed a full purchase charge against your card in order to verify that the funds are available. This will transform into a $1 placeholder (in the "Pending" section of your status) until your order ships.

My late 2012 iMac was delivered on Thursday 12/13/2012; Apple did not post their charge against my card until the following Tuesday.

YMMV

7. Laucian Nailor macrumors member

Laucian Nailor

Interesting info in this thread.

I ordered a 27 BTO about 26 hours ago (along with some other items at the same time). I've had an authorisation request for the funds approved, but nothing taken from my account. I'm being quoted a delivery date of 30th September to 2nd October too (UK delivery with UPS).

My other items (Ext Harddrive, Applecare & Parallels 9 shipped today for delivery tomorrow).