Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
My credit card got charged yesterday. And I thought they only do that she it ships. I'm still showing a timeframe between oct 5-9 though.

theRevIsNotDead

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
I haven't been charged. Mine shows ship date of 8 - 11 though. I'm in Canada. Does that usually hold up, or can you get them a bit earlier?

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California
It is solely dependent on your particular CC carrier. Very likely, they've (Apple) placed a full purchase charge against your card in order to verify that the funds are available. This will transform into a $1 placeholder (in the "Pending" section of your status) until your order ships.

My late 2012 iMac was delivered on Thursday 12/13/2012; Apple did not post their charge against my card until the following Tuesday.

YMMV

Laucian Nailor

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
UK
Interesting info in this thread.

I ordered a 27 BTO about 26 hours ago (along with some other items at the same time). I've had an authorisation request for the funds approved, but nothing taken from my account. I'm being quoted a delivery date of 30th September to 2nd October too (UK delivery with UPS).

My other items (Ext Harddrive, Applecare & Parallels 9 shipped today for delivery tomorrow).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.