have any of you come to think of..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattyK, May 10, 2008.

1. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

..how we are all getting so worked up an excited about the 3g iphone.
    that apple intended it to be this way? so they could launch another apple product just out of the blue, so unexpectedly?
    take the iTablet. they baught the mini power pc chips. Didn't they? so why not put them to use into making somthing BETTER. than the 3g iphone.
    I have a feeling they have somthing up their sleeve for WWDC and it's not jut iphone firmware updates and Iphone 3g.

2. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Ya, wouldn't be surprised if they did like when they announced the :apple: TV with all the other stuff.

Might be a small deal but would be cool, especially if the new phone is only sporting a new 3G...which would suck. Not totally suck, but would suck just a little.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Considering it'll be 2010 before I get a 3G iPhone (more than likely if they subsidize the cost with a contract), I'm not all that worked up. I more want them to finalize firmware 2.0 and get the app store going. I know there are a lot of Web Apps that will be converted to regular ones so I won't have to do a login every darn time I fill up with gas.

I would also kinda be more interested in extra storage if I had to choose between than and 3G. I'm making 8GB work, but I do miss having EVERYTHING on my iPod.

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

i reckon something substantially large is going to come up aswell as 3G iPhone.. maybe a bluray drive in a mac or HD in Cinema Display..

AppleTV i dont know what new things they could add to... dont know why i get the feeling they might make it into a games console where you download the games off the net on computer or appletv from iTS... that would be awesome...

5. newyorksole macrumors 68020

To be honest, I just think the 3G iPhone is coming and I can't wait for that bad boy to be released. I just hope for Apple's sake they include GPS, more storage and voice activation/voice memos.

6. infowarfare macrumors 6502

You mean, like this...

[​IMG]

(and no, I didn't make this, it was found at imageshack as an upcoming ad for WWDC)

7. MattyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MattyK

yes exactly that
    and i like the blu ray drive idea
    or apple tv updates..

8. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Thats a pretty slick mock-up. Whoever made it could have made a convincing 3G fake as well.

However its a little too cheesy of phrase. I don't think Apple would do that.

9. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Yea they put a fairly serious graphic chip in there for it to be used for basically nothing. You've seen what games they could do with the iphone ....

Just release a decent controller and you could go to town. Shame it doesn't have bluetooth though. I guess that could be solved with a USB add-on.

10. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

Apple always uses phrases like that in marketing materials. Have you seen previous event invitations and the product pages on Apple's website?

11. infowarfare macrumors 6502

Are you serious? Before they unveiled the Macbook Air they had posters up saying "There's Something In The Air" and the speculation on this forum ran amok! Everything from "Maybe it's a wireless remote for iPhone" to "It must be a Phil Collins performance!" And some people thought it couldn't be as cheesy as to actually refer to a new Macbook Air product, but alas, of course, it was the Macbook Air.

So "Things are getting touchy" makes more sense (and is less cheesy) than what Apple has done previously.

From Apple's last event:
    [​IMG]

12. coachfreak macrumors member

:D IF it were real I would be the newest Mac-convert :apple: and FIRST in line on the release date!

13. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

That looks sweet! :)

14. MattyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MattyK

mm.
    do any of you have ideas on what apple might announce, randomly?
    so far theres
    1. Wii like remote
    2. iTablet
    3. New macbook and macbook pro designs
    4. 3g iphone
    5. Blu ray drive in iMacs and Mac Pro
    6. new cheesy catch phrases

15. otep1760 macrumors regular

otep1760

why would that need a home button?
    and wheres the dock?

16. MattyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MattyK

maby it would be the power button, or possibly a camera?
    and the dock is obviously on hide.