Have anyone actually use apple care plus on your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hpye, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hpye macrumors 6502

So have u actually use it.. Like your drop your phone and go to the store for new iPhone .. What did they do.. Did they swap ur phone or repair it

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I haven't used it ( I don't even have the service) but they will replace your phone.

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I cringe everytime I'm at the Apple store and I hear the sales reps trying to give their spiel to another uneducated customer about $80 for an extra year of warranty...

4. newcastle3 macrumors newbie

I had to use it 2-weeks ago, I washed my phone in the washing machine accidentally. Don't ask.

Anyway, I made an appointment and took it to the store they verified that my 4S had the AppleCare+ and they brought out a phone in the black container within 5 min. BTW, I'm not sure if they are refurb or new, but the phone looks as good as any that come out of the box. After he swapped SIM cards I paid him $50 and then I was set to go.

Pretty painless, but I feel that if they didn't offer + they would have probably replaced it for free, which has happened in the past with older iPhones. Oh well at least I paid for the coverage, had I not the replacement phone would have been $249+tax.

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

The better question is "Has anybody gotten their phone replaced for free without AppleCare+?".

6. calvy macrumors 65816

I dropped my phone and cracked my screen, so I went in and used one my my replacement opportunities for 50 bucks. So yes, I used AppleCare+. So far I figure I've about broken even really. If I break it again and get another one for $50, then maybe it was worth it.

7. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I dropped my 2011 MBP and they replaced it for free :) I don't have any insurance on it either.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Why?

9. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I buy a new iPhone at each release. Therefore I don't bother with AppleCare.

Conversely, I always buy AppleCare with a new Mac.