Have anyone sold iPad internationally over ebay before and will it work with iPad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrgiapanta, Mar 2, 2011.

1. mrgiapanta macrumors regular

So here is my scheme. Since iPad 2 will be released in U.S on March 11th and for other countries it's March 25th. For those living outside U.S with money would definitely want to put their hands on iPad 2 before it's release.

If there is a limit two iPad 2 per person. I'll buy two 16GB.
    And sell it on Ebay for 1.5x the retail price (about $750 each) plus charging International Shipping. Which will give me a profit enough to buy a iPad 2 free for myself (by asking my wife to buy it for me)

Have anyone done this? Will it work? Will you do it? How much will you charge?

I'm thinking returning the iPad 2 to retail store for refund incase people didn't buy my iPad 2 on ebay.

My only fear is shipment getting lost in the middle.

2. mrgiapanta thread starter macrumors regular

Also if you are selling, which model do you think would be most demanding?

Will the AT&T 3G iPad 2 (GSM) work internationally?

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

you would have to LIE on the customs form. I wouldn't advise you do that.

Also, i travel overseas and yes, the ATT 3g iPad works overseas. I've used it on a couple networks...without changing the sim out.

4. mrgiapanta thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't know there was a customs form to fill out....
    What happens if people lie and get caught for selling?

I even see iPad 2 pre-sale going on ebay right now
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPad-2-Pr...30493136484?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item1e61ff3e64

5. mellofello macrumors 65816

I did this quite profitably last year. However with the window being so short I would not expect to profit more than $100 per this time. I offered free international shipping which netted me a higher margin then others selling. I sold one 64GB+3g for almost $1100. You can buy two, and your wife can buy two. The highest profit is to the shadiest countries. However last year I sold mostly to the UK.

Good luck.

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

anytime you ship something internationally, you fill out a customs form.

If they find out you are breaking the law, they more than likely will just confiscate it...but they COULD take action against you...to what extent...i'm not sure.

7. bwrairen macrumors 6502

Take it from someone who has been selling on ebay for 12 years....shipping an item of this nature overseas is a risky proposition. The customs form must clearly state what is inside the package. Depending on where you are shipping to, theft or "confiscation" is a distinct possibility. And then you still have to worry about chargebacks....

8. mrgiapanta thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm...thanx for the input guys.
    I'm reconsidering about selling over ebay.
    I might just stick with 16GB or 32GB wi-fi only iPad 2 (Black)