Have anyone tried the Power Support Anti-Glare film for MBP 15,4"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by user1234, Mar 4, 2009.

1. user1234 macrumors regular

user1234

Have anyone tried the Power Support Anti-Glare film for MacBook Pro 15,4"?

Does it work good, and is the screen still as sharp?
    I know macworld did a test of it, and I will link it in this post, but I was thinking that maybe some of you here had tried it out and could say what you think about it. So, is it any good?

This is the film: Power Support Anti-Glare Film

MacWorld did a test of it, which can be found here: MacWorld Review of the Power Support Anti-Glare Film

2. isaki87 macrumors regular

I have it and it does what it is supposed to do; reduce the reflection. At the same time, it makes the text fuzzy and grainy. Another thing to note is that your picture will not be as sharp as the glossy screen.

3. user1234 thread starter macrumors regular

user1234

Oh.. that's what I was afraid of. fuzzy text.. how bad is it?

4. jlan macrumors newbie

Just got and applied this anti-glare film to my uMBP. The process took about 30+ minutes of applying, re-applying, taking out air bubbles, and removing dust particles.

Overall, I'm really satisfied with the product. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. There is some subtle graininess, which is pretty noticeable on light colored backgrounds, but it isn't distracting at all for me especially when compared to the stock "mirror" screen.

This is definitely a must buy product for anyone who does not like the glass screen and/or wants to eliminate glare and reflections.