Have faith, the elusive gold iPhone does exists.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phpmaven, Sep 21, 2013.

1. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Feel free to reply to this with "Cool story Bro", but I just thought I would share this story.

I lined up at 2AM yesterday at the Irvine Spectrum Irvine store and there are 95 people ahead of me. They end up having about 10 gold phones and I end up settling for Space Grey.

My daughter works at the Mission Viejo Mall and on her lunch break today walks by the Apple store and sees the line outside and asks the girl if they have any gold ones and she says yes. She calls me and I run out to my car to race over to the store which is about 15 minutes away and get the last one they had. :D

2. meihcydna macrumors regular

ATT or Verizon?

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

congrats, but you had an incomplete brag story..
    didn't say size or carrier; unlocked or locked so...
    half cool story bro :p

4. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

5. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

i was number 30 in the line of 1500 people. didnt got the gold version. they only had about 10. and only one 64gb version.

6. Macalway macrumors 68020

So exactly who is the adult in the household. ( kidding)

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

1500! What did you do, count the line exactly after you got out? Oh boy.

8. ethanlee macrumors regular

It's so cool to have Mac Rumors users close by! I live a short drive from both stores :D

9. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Where I live there is no iPhone 5S's in stock anywhere till Halloween as I was told by AT&T and Apple.

10. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I went to Fashion Island today right when they just got a new shipment of phones it... they were all space gray. You got really lucky finding a shipment with phones that aren't space gray.

After a day with my space gray I returned it and placed an order online for silver.

11. tharepairguy macrumors member

I was able to purchase a 64gb verizon goldie in the comfort of my home around 2am on the 20th. Picked it up around 2pm. I kinda feel bad now that I know this was a glitch in the system and people were lined up since 10pm the night before at best buy :(

The best buy store had 10 gold verizon 64gbs. Not sure how many they had of the other carriers and colors...

12. phpmaven thread starter macrumors 68040

phpmaven

att

----------

Sorry, AT&T 16GB

----------

Definetely not me. :p

----------

I guess you haven't lined up for hours at an Apple store. One of the first things I do is count the people ahead of me and I periodically count the people behind me. You have to have something to do or you'll go nuts.

----------

I feel your pain. My daughter just happened to walk by the line right after they got their shipment that had a few gold in it. I was there in less than 1/2 hour and they had 1 gold left and 1 silver and a butt-load of space grey. They had a huge stack of tickets for 64GB space grey that had to have had at least 100 in it. There were only 7 people in line. Maybe you ought to try the Mission Viejo Store.

13. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Csb

Attached Files:

• 215.gif
      215.gif
      File size:
      848.7 KB
      Views:
  14. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

15. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I drove all the way to the City of Industry today but it was totally worth it. I managed to snag a 32GB AT&T 5s in SILVER. WOOT!!!