Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShaunAFC3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2016
I have an iPad Air 2 and have had it for about 10 months now. :D

And yesterday by accident I accidentally spilled water on to my iPad which it was not that much water to be honest.

It was only a little bit like as big as a water bottle top or just a bit bigger then a UK 2 pound coin only in the middle of the iPad Air 2 screen and after I quickly wiped the water off.

But now I am really worried that I might of damaged my iPad Air 2 screen like reduce the screen touch sensitivity of the display and as the iPad Air 2 is not waterproof/water resistance in any way shape or form unfortunately. :(

I think the screen has not been damaged and the screen touch sensitivity has not been reduced because I have been testing it out to see if it is been affected badly and it is working fine.

But I really need some help, Can anyone tell me that I am being very paranoid about this?? And Will water even if it's a little bit on the screen(like a size of a UK 2 pound coin) will damage and reduce the screen touch sensitivity of the screen?? And is the iPad Air 2 waterproof/water resistance in any way or forms?? o_O

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

unibility

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2012

And yesterday by accident I accidentally spilled water on to my iPad which it was not that much water to be honest.

It was only a little bit like as big as a water bottle top or just a bit bigger then a UK 2 pound coin only in the middle of the iPad Air 2 screen and after I quickly wiped the water off.

But now I am really worried that I might of damaged my iPad Air 2 screen like reduce the screen touch sensitivity of the display and as the iPad Air 2 is not waterproof/water resistance in any way shape or form unfortunately. :(

I think the screen has not been damaged and the screen touch sensitivity has not been reduced because I have been testing it out to see if it is been affected badly and it is working fine.

But I really need some help, Can anyone tell me that I am being very paranoid about this?? And Will water even if it's a little bit on the screen(like a size of a UK 2 pound coin) will damage and reduce the screen touch sensitivity of the screen?? And is the iPad Air 2 waterproof/water resistance in any way or forms?? o_O

Thanks!!!

Good morning. Your iPad's screen is certainly fine. I have too spilled a little water on my iPad Pro and it's been working well since. So no worries. But your iPad Air 2 is not waterproof/water resistance. Hope this helps.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Water on the glass screen will not harm your iPad.

Water in the home button or the side buttons might but it sounds like you just got it on the glass screen.

If it is working now you should be ok.

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Water on the glass,and you wiped it off. Seems like the normal iPad Air 2 screen cleaning procedure to me.
I spilled everything from water and coffee to soap and oil on mine,no screen problems yet.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Thanks!!!

As long as the water did not penetrate the charging port, Speakers or Home button, you should not have any issues with your iPad.

Also, to answer your question about the water resistance, there are no water Resistance ratings for any of the iPad models.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
Yes! You and your iPad Air 2 will soon be joining Steve Jobs at the big Apple Store in the sky. Say your prayers, cause your time is up!

JK. As long as it didn't get into any ports you'll be perfectly fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.