Have Leopard, can I downgraded to the latest edition of Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MK25toLife, Nov 5, 2007.

1. MK25toLife macrumors regular

Alot of my music programs aren't working on Leopard. I should have waited to upgrade but I was too excited. Now I want to downgrade back to Tiger. The heart of my operation, my monitors, don't even work! Help!

2. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

If you have just bought a new computer already pre-installed with Leopard then you can't normally go back (check the Apple knowledge base for a list of what computers can go back to what revision - sorry I can't be bothered to look for the link for you.) If your computer came installed with Tiger (or earlier) then it should just be a case of running the install disc.

However I think you should get to the bottom of why nothing is working, it should. This isn't Vista.

Whatdoyouknow? I could be bothered after all. Try this

3. MK25toLife thread starter macrumors regular

Well the reason is b/c I need to install the updated drivers that are not available yet. I don't want to wait b/c I don't know how long that will take. My iMac came w/Tiger, totally forgot about using the install disc, thanks! How do I make sure I don't lose anything though?

4. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

How much would you miss it if you lost everything?
    I always recommend backing up your precious data onto iPod, hard disc, DVD, anything.

Re-installing Tiger shouldn't wipe everything (unless you do a clean install where you format the HD.)

Conficuous say "man who backs up data not throw Mac out window".

5. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Well, that was silly.

I assume you have a bootable clone. Fire up on that and either copy over again or run from it until 10.5.1. If you don't have backups... shame on you!