Have Leopard, can I downgraded to the latest edition of Tiger?

MK25toLife

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Alot of my music programs aren't working on Leopard. I should have waited to upgrade but I was too excited. Now I want to downgrade back to Tiger. The heart of my operation, my monitors, don't even work! Help!

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
If you have just bought a new computer already pre-installed with Leopard then you can't normally go back (check the Apple knowledge base for a list of what computers can go back to what revision - sorry I can't be bothered to look for the link for you.) If your computer came installed with Tiger (or earlier) then it should just be a case of running the install disc.

However I think you should get to the bottom of why nothing is working, it should. This isn't Vista.

Whatdoyouknow? I could be bothered after all. Try this

MK25toLife

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
If you have just bought a new computer already pre-installed with Leopard then you can't normally go back (check the Apple knowledge base for a list of what computers can go back to what revision - sorry I can't be bothered to look for the link for you.) If your computer came installed with Tiger (or earlier) then it should just be a case of running the install disc.

However I think you should get to the bottom of why nothing is working, it should. This isn't Vista.
Well the reason is b/c I need to install the updated drivers that are not available yet. I don't want to wait b/c I don't know how long that will take. My iMac came w/Tiger, totally forgot about using the install disc, thanks! How do I make sure I don't lose anything though?

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Well the reason is b/c I need to install the updated drivers that are not available yet. I don't want to wait b/c I don't know how long that will take. My iMac came w/Tiger, totally forgot about using the install disc, thanks! How do I make sure I don't lose anything though?
How much would you miss it if you lost everything?
I always recommend backing up your precious data onto iPod, hard disc, DVD, anything.

Re-installing Tiger shouldn't wipe everything (unless you do a clean install where you format the HD.)

Conficuous say "man who backs up data not throw Mac out window".

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Alot of my music programs aren't working on Leopard. I should have waited to upgrade but I was too excited. Now I want to downgrade back to Tiger. The heart of my operation, my monitors, don't even work! Help!
Well, that was silly.

I assume you have a bootable clone. Fire up on that and either copy over again or run from it until 10.5.1. If you don't have backups... shame on you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.