Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyguy206

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
I think rumor sites have killed the magic apple once had. Now for the avg person the new iphone 5 is :cool::eek:. but for the people that follow apple news it is :rolleyes::( . it happens every time apple releases something new we know everything about it and get upset that we are not blown away by it. Apple is still doing a wonderful job but we know to much about what they are doing so it takes the magic away.

Savage

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
I actually agree but the simple solution would be to stop reading the sites. Unfortunately for me, I can't just do that, so I'll have to deal with being spoiled.

flyguy206

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
You could stop coming to these sites if you like.

I was asking did rumor site kill the magic apple once had with it fans? Just think how cool it would have been to be surprised that the iphone 5 would have a bigger screen. but since we already knew it had a bigger screen it was old to many of the people that read the rumor blogs.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Yes, very much so. I wasn't happy at all during the announcement.

Now I realize how incredible the engineering and the hardware is, and also how beautiful the white one is. That thing looks like it was delivered straight from heaven.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
People feel a need to "leak" information. Sites like this thrive on said information. What can you expect?

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
tim-cook-secrecy.jpg

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
The Apple "magic", if there is such a thing, is in the use, not in the leaks, reveals or promos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.