Have there been any more rumors about the iphone and Verizon (or any other carrier)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hkward001, Aug 13, 2009.

1. hkward001 macrumors newbie

I'm just wondering because our contract with Verizon (because Alltel sold us out) is ending in late November. We are considering switching to At&t because two of us want iphones. Also could anyone give me an idea of what two iphones on one plan would cost? Do they group the data or do you have to pay the $30 for each line? How about texting, same question?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The rumor is that Verizon will not be getting the iPhone any time soon, if ever. You'll get wishes from others, but they aren't rumors. I don't see it happening.

You'll have to pay $30 for each phone, so $60 total. Sorry

IDK about messaging, since I don't have that (I think it's like $15-20, but you can check easily enough on AT&T's website).

3. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I've been wondering the same thing. AT&T's website won't allow you to put two iphones on one plan on the website so you can't see what anything is going to cost.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No CDMA iPhone, ever.

An LTE iPhone unlockable and usable on Verizon's LTE network? Maybe.

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can't bring out the bunnies this soon. :)

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Rumors are a dime-a-dozen.

Like MMS. It doesn't even exist but people want it. ;)

8. techwarrior macrumors 6502

techwarrior

Family plan for unlimited text is $30 (for entire family). Data is $30 for each iPhone.

9. JennaLDS macrumors 6502

JennaLDS

Im confused.. what is up with the bunnies??

10. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Rather unlikely for Verizon. There are several roadblocks in the way that neither Apple nor Verizon seem motivated to address.

I would say the only possibility of the iPhone on another carrier (until LTE) is T-Mobile, and I think that's only a matter of time (AT&T's contract).

If Apple were smart they'd allow T-Mobile to officially carry the iPhone asap. With the competition AT&T will have to shape up quickly.

11. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i believe it has to do with a signature that says something along the lines of: if you can't write anything nice... post a picture of a bunny!

edit... here it is... iphone.aggie's:

12. alent1234 macrumors 603

does t-mobile sell any 3G phones? every time i read about a new phone for them on BGR it's always no 3G

13. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

What's up with the bunnie? i don't see what's so funny?:confused:

14. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Since 3G is one of the search-able features on their website, I would assume yet.

15. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Haha, I didn't even notice that it aggie's siggy ... I just figured I would post a picture as pointless as the thread itself.

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Shhhhh.......don't tell them about the bunnies! Top secret stuff. :)

17. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65832

co.ag.2005

wow... MMS threads galore, Verizon+iPhone threads galore... once again, if there was news (or a notable rumor), it would be on the front page of MR.

but the bunny pics make this thread worthwhile :D

18. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I can start a new one real quick if you want. That's as good as any rumor you will hear.

19. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The iPhone 3G & 3Gs will be available on Sprint, Verizon & TMobile starting Nov. 22nd. Plan pricing will start at $59.99 (all carriers), with monthly data (required)to start at $45.99 per month. There will be no option for SMS, only MMS. An add-on physical keyboard will be offered to those with no taste.

20. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

21. samcraig macrumors P6

The newest rumor is Apple will break new barriers with the iPhone 4G

It will be both CDMA and GSM compatible and unlocked. You'll be able to use your phone without a contract on any network including the one Apple is rolling out which will offer an unlimited voice/data/text (domestic and international) for $59.99 a month pay-as-you-go.

It's going to be an amazing 2010!!

22. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

T-Mobile has 3G, they are slooooowly rolling it out to different markets. The only thing is it is an oddball frequency, so phone manufacturers have to make a special "T-Mo 3G" version for them. That, plus the low numbers at initial rollout, have been what's hurt their 3G options.

It does seem to be improving, but that's more because of their relationship with HTC than it does because everyone is all over the T-Mobile bandwagon.

23. christyn macrumors 6502a

Not going to happen.

Even if not for the fact that Apple is simply not going to make a CDMA phone... it's clear by the phones they're picking up for 2010 that they're not looking at the iPhone.

As far as cost goes, you have to have a data plan for each iPhone.
    Cheapest voice plan is $39.99, plus $9.99 for the 2nd line. And that's assuming you're not adding anything else on there, such as texting.

24. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Just thought I would go back in time and let you know that here in 2011 - there's tons of new rumors.