Have to Hard Shut Down a lot of times...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by horace528, Aug 21, 2011.

1. horace528 macrumors regular

horace528

Hello MacRumors Forums!!
    I have a problem with my Macbook Pro on Mac OS X Lion. :confused::confused:
    The Problem is normally like this: I turn on my Macbook, do some work, leave it on for some time, and when I try to click on something, it doesn't respond.
    It doesn't even go to sleep! When I close the lid, and when I open it, it's still stuck. :eek::eek:
    So the only option is to hard shut down it.
    hard shut down is when you push the power button for a long time, and your Mac shuts down, no matter what.
    I'm putting this on Mac OS X Lion, not Macbook Pro, because it didn't act like this on Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
    Thanks for the help!! :cool::cool:

2. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

hi, i have the same problem, i have posted just underneath you. moving to lion keeps freezing my mac

3. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

You're not alone. After an issue-free first few days, my old'ish MBP suffers from random system lockups (even since updating to 10.7.1). There doesn't seem to be any commonality between occurrences.

It's happened while I hovered over a link in Firefox (my MBP went to a plain, gray screen, no messages on it); system has frozen while watching a movie in MPlayerX (video just stopped, but could still hear audio but even though cursor showed, nothing was clickable & no keyboard commands worked either); and it's happened when I've simply been using Finder to move small (less than 10 MB worth of files).

Between this & wifi issues, my Lion experience has turned into something quite nasty.

4. basher macrumors 6502

basher

OP, what year is your MBP? I have the most recent MBP and don't experience the issue you describe.

5. horace528 thread starter macrumors regular

horace528

Sorry for the long wait

Sorry for the long wait, but my year is mid-2010.

6. Wafflefruit macrumors newbie

Bump.
    Same problem.
    Mid-2010 15" MBP.
    Latest version of lion.

7. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

How reliable are your network connections? Lion and many apps running under Lion don't like to be told that they can't have bits of network data that they want.

8. vmachiel macrumors 68000

Again, same problem here mid 2010 mbp 10.7.2

No network troubles