Have to re-add credit cards after updating to 8.1.1

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by prother1, Nov 19, 2014.

1. prother1 macrumors newbie

Recently updated OTA to 8.1.1 and after updating, I was taken to the white "Hello/Hola/etc." screen to "setup" the phone again. If I remember correctly here were the prompts:

Enter passcode
    Sign into iCloud with password
    Confirm number/email for FaceTime
    Allow/Disallow diagnostics
    Setup Apple Pay

Everything was the same when I was finally brought to my home screen except my credit cards were gone. Re-adding the cards to the phone in and of itself, is not my concern. What is, is that now I'll have to call my banks again (with inconvenient calling hours and potentially waiting in a queue).

Anybody else have this happen? The fact that I have to do it again does not concern me as much as the prospect that this could happen with each update, meaning I'll have to add/verify all my cards for 8.2, 8.2.1, etc.

PS: Before updating to 8.1.1 I had my cards added/verified, but had not used apple pay. Maybe using the card "locks" it into the phone?

2. dyt1983, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying info not relevant to the conversation.

3. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I have one card loaded, and it stayed through the update. I had used it once pre-update, don't know whether that makes a difference.

I updated OTA.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Upgraded OTA and didn't have to reload any cards. I had used ApplePay with some but not all of the loaded card prior to the update.

5. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

When I jailbroke 8.1, I turned off fingerprint, passcode, and find-my-phone. Disabling fingerprint will remove your Apple Pay credit/debit cards and they will have to be re-entered.

6. afsnyder macrumors 65816

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

At least one bank apparently requires you to call in to validate when adding a card to ApplePay. One of mine did but I forget which one it was.

8. andyw715 macrumors 6502a