Have we forgotten?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mr.steevo, Sep 11, 2013.

1. mr.steevo macrumors 65816

mr.steevo

Just had a quick look at this page and didn't see a thread on September 11th

Is it really that long ago that "we've forgotten"?

2. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

I don't think anyone has forgotten, nor will anyone be allowed to forget.

3. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

You make a very good point. I too am surprised that this is the first thread regarding 9/11.

Rest assured my prayers have been going out to the families affected by events on 9/11/2001 and 9/11/2012. I feel for the families and friends of those innocent people who lost their lives.

Thanks for opening this thread.

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Check my Facebook page. People certainly didn't forget. Personally, I don't see the need to post every year or open a thread every year. But to each his own.

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

6. appleisking macrumors 6502a

I will never forget NYC born and raised. And yes I believe viewers overreacted with the at&t ad. It's blue lights not a picture of the towers burning. :rolleyes: If anything the point was to show that they have not forgotten, people are just so oversensitive and quick to jump on the big bad corporation.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I've been reminded all the time. The twins towers used to be my guide back home when coming back pass Jersey. Plus I've lost two friends and just happened to already been in the service at that time.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Never forget but at some point we have to move on. We don't have huge TV coverage of Pearl Harbor. Let the families mourn in peace and keep the media out of it.

It appears Logan Airport forgot already.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/today...ogizes-for-holding-fire-drill-on-911/2800877/

9. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Posting a thread in a politics sub forum on a computer news and rumor website probably doesn't rank high on the list of ways most people choose to remember this day.

And frankly, I don't appreciate the insinuation that we've "forgotten" this day because no one created a #$@! thread about it.

10. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

I won't ever forget, as I don't forget other horific acts of selfish taking of lives. I don't chose to shout about them on every anniversary - I silently hope the human race can one day grow out of such irrational behaviour.

X

11. tekno macrumors 6502a

I had forgotten. It's like 10yrs ago. Time to move on.

12. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Oh no.

Somebody isn't lamenting it via pulling out their hair and gnashing their teeth? Blasphemy!

/sarcasm

13. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

It's 12 years...

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

We don't have a thread each year on Holocaust Memorial Day.

And the holocaust was way worse than 9/11.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Couldn't let the day pass without wishing Freedom Fries a Happy Anniversary too. :rolleyes:

Enough already. I'm tired of the spectacle we make of it every year. MSNBC reran NBC News coverage from that day. ****ing pathetic.

16. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Yes, as long as, in the process of moving on, we can take the appropriate lessons from it. Which are ... um ... wait, I ... no, not that, it was .....

17. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

C'mon, don't be a killjoy. This one's for you.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

But that was so long ago. It would be like people still bringing up slavery and using that to blame all....um, forget it.

19. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

We don't usually have one on Dec 7th either, and Pearl Harbor was a bigger event too.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Given 9/11 was so small in comparison so is 9/11.

21. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

The media and our leaders really do a bad job when it comes to knowing what the people want to do on days like this. Nobody I know appreciates the rerunning of the news but msnbc does it every year. Today I was at the garden state plaza and they had a memorial service for 9/11. I just happened to be there. The dozen, if that, people who actually watched were just people who happened to be walking past it at the time. There is a big difference between never forgetting and over kill.

----------

Not sure I'm following you...

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yes, I totally forgot 9/11 happened. Thanks for reminding me :rolleyes:

23. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

A lot of people died. It was sad.

24. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

On twitter Ari Fleischer, @arifleischer, had a recap of his 9/11 with the Pres on Air Force 1. Worth a read if you're on there.