Have Win7, can't install on Late 2013 iMac (Upgrade to 10?)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by GraceMolloy, Jul 4, 2015.

1. GraceMolloy macrumors regular

GraceMolloy

Ok, I have a Late 2013 iMac and a legal full copy of Windows 7. Now I know that I can't do an install of Windows 7 with this machine in bootcamp as there are no default USB3 drivers in Win7 and I have no keyboard/mouse available to finish the install (fought this battle a year ago so unless you're brilliant and know how to get around it I'm screwed on that point).

That said, I have a legal copy of Windows 7, thus I should qualify for Windows 10, which WILL have support for an install on my iMac. But how the hell do I claim the upgrade? I don't have windows updater to install it or claim it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

@GraceMolloy The USB ports will still function fine but until the Boot Camp software is installed they will not operate at full USB 3.0 speed.

3. GraceMolloy thread starter macrumors regular

GraceMolloy

Why don't the mouse/keyboard work then? (Honest question)

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

What USB keyboard and mouse are you using?

5. GraceMolloy thread starter macrumors regular

GraceMolloy

I've tried several. most basic of which is a microsoft USB keyboard. It's about 8 years old, it's worked without drivers on literally every system I've ever used.

Also another thing. I had a 2011 iMac prior to this 2013 and it installed with the exact same hardware and software with zero issues.