Have you been polled?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mike Teezie, Sep 3, 2008.

?

Have you been polled for the 2008 Election?

1. Yes I have.

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. No, I have not.

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I really don't look at polls, and I think one of the main reasons is that I myself have never been polled. Nor has anyone I know.

So I'm wondering, have you been polled for the 2008 Presidential Election?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

No, like millions of OBAMA supporters, I only own an iPhone (cell phone).

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

5. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Living in Iowa, I'm polled quite frequently - at least I think that's why. The last time I was polled was by Princeton. I found the questions to be extremely disingenuous: they did not allow room for voters for another party, Obama or McCain only, and following that, there was no room for disagreeing with both candidates on certain issues... anyway, I always give different answers. Polls are such a reduction of humanity..

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I was polled in July (around mid to late IIRC), and it was concerning Obama, McCain, and several major campaign issues.

It took nearly 40 minutes though, and my dinner got cold. :mad::p

7. Aranince macrumors 65816

I haven't...but I wouldn't be surprised if its only because I've only been registered a short while. None of my relatives have, at least I don't know about it if they have.

8. Mike Teezie thread starter macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

You raise a very valid point that I hadn't considered. I live in Louisiana*, a state that is deep, deep, deep red. I'm sure that the pollsters use their limited resources to only poll places where the race is going to be close.

I too only have a mobile phone, no landline. Hey at least it's an iPhone! :p

*Trying to move to California, just need some more contacts!

9. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I was, but the WashPost called for the primary rather than the generals. It was quick and painless. However, I ended up not following through on my responses as I hadn't completely settled on a candidate at the time.