Have you bought a 3GS recently, and still have your old 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevwright, Aug 13, 2009.

1. kevwright macrumors member

If so, can you help me out please.

Decision is made, I want to upgrade mine, but its gonna cost me £538, so I want to make sure I like my new one like I love my old one.

Main issue I am keen on is the old yellow screen issue, has that been worked out now?

I am in the UK, so can you let me know where your bought from if in the UK, and also, does anyone know if O2 and CPW in the UK do a no hassle return policy for in store purchase, like the Apple Store?

Kev

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

I did the same as you, except it was around £250 on the 3GS launch day and i did not get a yellow screen, its warmer than the 3G but the same as the 2G. (Yes I've had all three bought on each ones launch day retrospectively) I got it from the o2 store in York city centre and you get about a week if you want to bring it back, I'm not sure if you will have to pay a restocking fee or something similar.

3. kevwright thread starter macrumors member

Over here the £538 is for a PAYG 32GB version, and you just pop your old SIM in.

In general, the UK retailers are not as keen on returns as in the US.

I have rejected a lot of phones lately, (not iPhones), and in most cases screen quality has been a major factor.

The one I have now is so bloody good......

Kev