Have you bought an Apple Watch SS at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by powerbook911, Sep 3, 2015.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I always buy my stuff direct with Apple, but for a last minute birthday gift for this weekend, I was going to pick up a SS at Best Buy.

Has anyone else bought a SS at Best Buy? I was wondering how the packaging comes? Do they give you the white, square box with the plastic wrapper thing still on it (it's not shrink wrap, it's a thicker plastic that peals neatly away). Also, are they sticking their stickers and/or writing with sharpie on these boxes like they do iPhones and iPads?

Thanks for your help.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

3. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yep I absolutely do. I would only buy MINE from Apple. Please read my post. I am looking to buy as a gift for a birthday this weekend. No time to order from Apple.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Sorry. Misread your post and thought it was a gift to yourself rather than someone else.

5. dotme macrumors 6502a

I've bought a few Apple products from Best Buy over the years (Immediate need, no Apple store where I live) and I've never once seen a product marked up with any kind of Best Buy branding or sharpies. They go grab what I need from their cage, scan in the UPC code on the box (Apple's, not Best Buy's) and I walk out. If your Best Buy likes to festoon Apple gear with their own stickers, I'd request/require they sell you one without them, or remove them prior to purchase.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Sorry but I find Best Buy to be somewhat sleezy! If I had no choice I would buy the watch from there but I would rather order it or get one at the Apple store.

Best Buy sold me a used digital camera as new and argued about returning it telling me that it was new when they sold it to me. After arguing for over 20 minutes the manager came and was irate, told me it was impossible that it was not new, until I showed him the receipt from the first owner was found in the box along with the warranty card filled out. I do not shop there anymore.

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Never had a problem. Shop there all the time.

8. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

+1 and their points and rewards are awesome. Not to mention their normal 18-24 months zero % financing for flexibility. Amazon or other sellers seems to be shutting a lot of them down though in my area.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Have you shopped around. BB prices are mostly higher than Amazon and even some other brick and mortar stores in my area. The times I have been there, they are higher but if you are happy, that is all that matters.

10. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

But they also price match anywhere and are significantly lower in some areas of their products as well.

I am a fan. What I am not a fan of is there personnel but that doesn't bother me as I do most of my research prior to and I am pretty tech savvy and don't need their input as most customers may which isn't the best.

11. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I would have no problem buying it at best buy. Apple would treat it the same. For example, I got my rMB from best buy b.c apple did not have stock for months. I had a problem with the keyboard and apple not only replaced the laptop, but allowed me to upgrade to a higher spec model b.c they were out of stock of the base.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

incorrect. Bestbuy changes their prices daily to match amazon. If they are not the same, they match them. Also, as other said, the reward system is ridiculous. I am always getting $20 reward certificates.

There is a reason best buy is one of the few remaining retailers of its kind. Price matching was the best decision they could have made.

Also, I have formed a good relationship with my local storage manager and constantly get 10% off or various deals. You cannot get that with apple.

13. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Best Buy price matches everyone, including Amazon.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Does not change my mind. Once sleazy, always sleazy.

15. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That's a good mentality to have =/

16. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

That is not true. Just a few weeks ago, I visited with a friend and we looked at several items, wireless headphones and they were charging full retail while Amazon was well below. They might price match but to the unwary they will rip you off.

17. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

18. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Good thing it's 2015 and everyone knows what the Internet is.

19. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

I bought my MacBook Pro 15 and iPad Air 2 from BB with no issues. Got AppleCare+ on my Air 2 by calling Apple the same day. The rewards are great and I picked up my 64GB Air 2 on Black Friday for $499 last year. Great deal! My MBP was the $2200 edition at the time (late 2011) and the manager matched Apple's refurb price ($1800) to sell the computer. So sometimes you can talk them down if they want to get rid of stock. (At least that's been my experience here in MI.)

20. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I'm really shocked Apple doesn't have some kind of rewards program. It is honestly the reason I buy at bestbuy instead of apple.

21. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I agree. They can read both of our words and make their own choices. It is the way it should be. People should get both side of the story and not just the sugar coated.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You we not the one who was having to argue over getting a refund for a camera for over 45 minutes. I would bet you would feel different if you were but as a fan boy of the store, I know ho hard that would be for you to imagine.

Google Best Buy customer complaints and see that there is another side of this establishment.

23. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Haters gonna hate

24. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

And fan boys got to protect!

25. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

You figured me out