Have you ever been stalked by an ex on facebook?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JediZenMaster, Jul 16, 2010.

1. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

This is crazy but i'm going to share it. My Ex is stalking me on facebook and it's crazy. He sent me a request to see my page and i blocked it he did the same thing again and then he created another profile to trick me to accept his request. And he keeps creating new profiles.

He's a real piece of work the reason he is my EX is because i found out he was hooked on Crystal meth and he lifted one of my Nikon Cameras and sold it for drugs and to make matters worse he attempted to make a pay site with himself doing "Certain" things.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I can't believe people are this strange.

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I avoid facebook like the plague to be honest.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Never been on, and don't plan on it.

Social networking sites are turning to be huge sources of information to be used against you in a court of law. Personally, I don't want to make it easy by leaving a trail for anyone.

Of course, if the police or a plaintiff ever get their hand on your iPhone, there likely could be too much information there also.

The guy that wrote the book on iPhone forensics though it was going to be a simple 18-page guide that ballooned quickly.

Plus, I don't want to have a picture of me doing anything more dangerous that snorting a line of Pixie Sticks. And I'm not saying my nose is that big, I'm talking the stuff inside. :p

4. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Yes I have, well I don't know about her being a 'stalker' but she has said some pretty bizarre things to me which has raised a few flags. She's still a 'friend' on facebook with me, but I have her on a limited profile.

My situation is a little different I guess and your mileage may vary with a limited profile.

What remote wipe isn't enough? Um .... I'll be right back.... :D

5. advres Guest

advres

An ex found me on facebook and we started hanging out again (after 10 years). One thing led to another and we started dating. She even moved from DC to be closer to me here in Boston. It was a few months later that she told me she was really married, was "re-evaluating her relationship with her husband" and decided at that point she wanted to move back in with him in DC and separate with me.

So her husband and I had a little chat. Last I heard from him was he was changing the locks on his condo and she is no longer welcome there any longer. Looks like while I was upset she got the real **** end by lying to everyone she "loved".

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

6. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

That's a special kind of bitch, that is.

7. JediZenMaster thread starter macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

It's a small world then. If you and her husband had a chat. I'm glad my ex doesn't know where i live because it would be drama

8. advres Guest

advres

She was stupid enough to tell me what his name was. I then did some facebooking of my own and found his page based on his location and name. I sent him a message with my phone number and told him we should talk and who it was about. I explained what was going on over the phone and he was none too pleased.

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

So you destroyed what was left of her marriage because she chose her husband over you/broke up with you?

I'd hate to make you mad.

(edit) Don't say you did it for any reason other than you were angry with her, because you looked the guy up and you made contact with him and you unilaterally decided to tell him what you did.

10. JediZenMaster thread starter macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Karma is a wonderful thing :D

11. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Question is, what is the right thing to do? I mean, a part of me thinks one should stay out of other people's relationships/lives, but then again, knowing that someone is unfaithful and not doing anything about it?

12. advres Guest

advres

WHAT I DID? I started seeing a girl whom I thought was single and started a relationship with her. I DIDN'T DO **** WRONG.

So she gets to **** with my emotions and lie to me, her husband and her parents for months and months and it's all OK? By letting her act the way she is and not letting everyone know what she is up to is just like saying what she did was OK.

Damn right I was mad. If she came right out and said "hey, I'm married and am seeing if I really want to be with him" that would be one thing, but she didn't and lied to me, her husband and her parents (they are very close) every single day this charade went on.

EDIT - I found out later her 2 best friends were urging her to tell me the truth all along because they saw how attached I was getting. She didn't heed their warnings and look what happened.

I was torn about what I should do. I finally came to the conclusion that I would want to know if my S.O. was cheating on me. The guy thanked me and said he had his suspicions but when he brought me up to her (he saw my texts on her phone) she continued the charade. He told me all he ever asked of her was to never lie to him. Well I guess almost a year of lying was the last straw.

her last statement to me was "Thanks for ruining my marriage. I hope you know I'm never talking to you again". Well cry me a river honey. You lost your rich husband in DC and now you don't have your Boston sugar Daddy either and you're stuck living in a ****** apartment with your brother.

indeed

13. djellison macrumors 68020

Why would you ever accept a friend request from someone whose profile you didn't recognise. And if you DID recognise it, why would you accept it from him?

14. JediZenMaster thread starter macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

I didn't. When i rejected his initial request. He sent another from his profile i rejected that one. So he created another one and sent a request from that one to try to get me to accept it. I didn't though. He's been doing it all day.

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Can you block people from sending you friend requests?

Can you block people from sending you friend requests if they aren't already friends with your friends? :confused:

Anyway, try this: block him again, change your FaceBook name to something you don't think he'll find, and see if he finds you. He's a crazy crystal meth junkie. How smart could he be?

16. JediZenMaster thread starter macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

I don't know if i can. I will see because the privacy settings are confusing for facebook or they used to be at least.

17. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Yes. I know a few people who do this, but it seems to defeat the purpose somewhat. Still, it's possible.

This can be turned off. I know a few people who did. You can also block certain people from knowing you even exist on facebook.

Someone I know created two profiles and uses the 'fake' profile for communicating with friends and the real one for all the creeps that know her.

18. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Worrying about a digital stalker is not that bothersome to me, it's the ones who follow you home from the pub and try to run you over with their truck that bother me.

19. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

He was made a part of that relationship. Her choice, he choose to be open with the third person in the relationship.

Since when is it a person's right to be insulated from their own behaviors.

20. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

21. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I don't use facebook and this is another reason why I'm glad that I don't. I spill enough info just on forums, I definitely don't need another outlet for that. With facebook I find it too difficult to balance internet acquaintances from closer friends and family that I am more open with.

I have been mildly cyberstalked by a couple people that inexplicably turned from friends to enemies. At the time it was surprisingly disconcerting and frustrating but overall it wasn't the end of the world because it was mostly just snooping and talking shyte. I felt more annoyed and confused than threatened, but I do hope they've let it go by now.

http://upc.*************/uploads/images_other/RealFaceBook.jpg

22. Queso macrumors G4

My only FaceBook account is registered to a made up name in another language and in another country. I only created it to locate someone that had ripped me off and didn't know whether FaceBook showed who had visited your page. Nothing came of it, and now the profile sits unused. Can't be arsed with that to be honest.

23. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

This sounds like it could be an epic story...

24. remmy macrumors 6502a

Not being stalked, just like my privacy, I have changed my surname so I'm a bit harder to find.

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not sure. I think I've been stalked by a couple of girls that I went to school with. One of them used to fave photos of me. I wouldn't even call it stalking though. We've both got long term partners, she even has 2 kids. She probably just likes my face.