Have you ever bought an Apple product you later regret buying?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Zwhaler, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

And no, not because an update came out soon after you bought it, making what you bought "old". Just because it was too expensive, you stopped using it, use something else instead, or just plain don't like it. I regret buying my iPod Shuffle in Christmas 06, because while I didn't use it all that often back when it was my main iPod, I haven't touched it since I got my iPod Touch (pun intended) back in September. Luckily it wasn't too expensive, and I can still get maybe 50% of its worth back if I sell it. How about you?

(And please don't say: "Apple iz t3h pWnZ u R a l00ser h0w CaN U r3GrEt buying aPPl3???? sTuffz0rz?")

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Apple iz t3h pWnZ u R a l00ser h0w CaN U r3GrEt buying aPPl3???? sTuffz0rz?

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

3G iPod was a bit of a let down, I could never get the touch sensitive buttons to work at the right time. I liked the 2G better. Apple in ear-headphones weren't the best either, they keeping breaking.

4. Buttercookie macrumors member

5. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

6. iFool macrumors member

I sort of regret getting my eMac, I love it, but I few days after I got it, I got a paper round that pays £40 a month so a few months later and I could have got an iBook G4.
    Oh Well.

7. foidulus macrumors 6502a

I regret upgrading Front Row

Not a purchase per se, but I regret upgrading Front Row. I was kind of forced into the Leopard one because that is all my macbook can run(it's an SR), and I really regret "upgrading" to the most recent version which just lists TV show seasons in random order without letting you know which season it is......

Shame because in Tiger they had the perfect UI but inexplicably made it much, much, MUCH worse. I still cannot figure out why outside of trying to force Apple TVs down peoples throats. The whole thing is just very un-Apple.

8. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

When my 3G iPod was crushed I bought a U2 4G to replace it. I hated the 4G iPod, the design of the 3G was just so much nicer. I liked the colours of the U2, but didn't like the back with the signatures either. I sold it quite quickly and bought a 5G when they came out.

9. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I regretted my 2001 dual USB G3 iBook. Mainly because of battery life I was never able to get the use I wanted out of it. At the time I did not really grasp what normal battery life meant and assumed my uses would fall under that criteria. The life was supposed to be 4 hours but I would just get 2hr 15min.

Apparently full brightness and typing a school paper in Word or doing Accounting class work in Excel was too tasking, that or watching a DVD. Apples idea of normal use apparently was listening to MP3's in iTunes with the screen at minimum brightness. I had no idea that I was supposed to lower the brightness making my screens picture look like garbage. This is one of the caveats that keeps me away from laptops of any company.

I just wish that companies had to instead advertise minimum battery life when everything on the notebook is being used to its maximum limits. At least require listed battery life to include the screen at full brightness who really wants the eye strain of a dim screen.

I also wish I had gotten airport for the iBook as it may have been more useful even with a two hour battery.

10. Galapp macrumors regular

lol,
    I don't regret anything...

those that regret buying iPods cause they got better, that is not regret.... you used it for a while, then got a better one...

11. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Kind of asked for that...

No, I don't regret buying any Apple product. I only have my macbook and ipod along with the apple keyboard (old model). All are still functioning perfectly.

12. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

I really regret buying the Apple CD 2X drive for my Mac LC for $500 many years ago. I never got that much use out of it.

My second worst buy was the $1000 Apple 13" color monitor for my Mac LC.

13. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

14. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I regret buying my Core Duo Mac mini. It was a nice machine, but I never used it much and it was slow. Along with that, the wireless reception was cruddy. I'm much happier with my iMac.

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

:eek: I think, I might have to count the Apple BT headset.

I'll still keep it around as it is hands-free and handy if I ever need to make/answer a quick call while driving. But it's got some serious static issues, it's not cheap, and I barely use it. I still vastly prefer using the included iPhone earphones than the BT headset. :eek:

16. OnlyMarcusCannn macrumors regular

When I really think about it--after 4 computers, 2 iPods, an iPhone, and many accessories later--I don't regret anything except the in-ear headphones (they just wouldn't stay in my ears!). For me, it's probably a major reason I'm so avid about Apple and its products. They seem to be more involved with their customer base than most other companies.

17. ribbonthecat macrumors regular

I love my 24 inch iMac. However, I may be moving from the United States to Germany in a few months, and it will be a total pain to move the iMac. I'll probably sell it and get a 20 instead.

18. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

iPod Touch.

Garbage. It freezes all the time, stops playing music, skips, etc.

Software restoring doesn't work and I am all up to date.

I need to go to the apple store but you know the problem won't happen when I go

19. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

6500/250

My 1st Apple purchase.

6500/250

Quite a good computer at the time, however its 3D performance was much much lower than i expected, had to find about about Graphic RAM the hard way.

Finally got my money back and bought a week after it was released.

20. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

LaserWriter 12/640. Worthless POS that never worked correctly. Apple wasted two full days of my time with an onsite service tech that couldn't fix it. They replaced it with a refurb that also never worked correctly. I still have it gathering dust. A total waste of some $1500+

Still pisses me off...

My Mac SE was also a service nightmare.

21. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

trade you a 30gb 5.5gen black ipod...

and i regret buying my original ipod, the 1st gen ipod shuffle...what a crapper.

and for the OP...
    Apple iz t3h pWnZ u R a l00ser h0w CaN U r3GrEt buying aPPl3???? sTuffz0rz?

22. Saikou macrumors 6502

Saikou

For me it would have to be an iSight... I just really never got around to using it. :confused: I thought it would be really sweet at the time.. but I think I've used it 3 or 4 times since I bought it when it originally came out, and made a stupid mock documentary for a school project in iMovie with it once.

At least if my lazy bum gets around to it, they're going for quite a lot of money on ebay...

23. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I'd rather have a Classic/Original iPod but their hard drives only seem to last a few years.

24. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Yea I bought one refurb for $80 at the apple store.

Sold it for $230 on ebay a few months later. Good deal!

25. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

The stick of gum Shuffle when it first came out; great concept but coming from an iPod with a display, it was a bit of a let down.

Luckily I was able to sell it at a reasonable price and got a Nano instead.