iPhone X Have you ever gotten frustrated about something and slammed your iPhone to the ground?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

I've dropped my iPhone X here and there but it's always had a case and no problems.

Today, I got really frustrated about something and slammed it hard on the hardwood ground. Super hard.

I use the Apple Silicone case. Nothing happened.

I slammed it camera side down.

I'm not going to make excuses for it, but I've been having caffeine withdrawals as I'm trying very hard to stop and it's just been messing with me, along with other problems.

Please don't judge. Thank you.

2. Waterman316 macrumors regular

Motorola sliver vs concrete sidewalk. Definitely not the same result as you. Couldn’t find all the pieces. Younger and dumber me. Even dumber ex girlfriend.

3. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

4. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

Man I can imagine. Must have been pretty frustrating.

5. Sebct macrumors regular

Just once, and that was after reading this thread. Thanks.

6. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

Never....

People that do stuff like this usual do not have a fully developed prefrontal cortex (usually fully developed by the age of 25), or they have anger issues, or both.

It is a stupid thing to do and only causes self inflicted heartache.

7. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Oh, yeah, definitely. Who among us hasn’t gotten frustrated an—wait… hold on… you what?

No. No, I haven’t.

8. sparksd macrumors 68000

Not my own phone, but ... At work I once tore the phone cord out of the wall and threw the phone in my office - I had a very high profile position in a multi-billion dollar program that was going very badly and the stress level was off the chart. But shortly after the phone incident I came very close to dying from a super infection and that completely reset my outlook at work and on life in general for the better. Glad it happened. I'm retired now and don't get mad at all about anything, not even terrible traffic. My XS Max is safe (though I use an Otterbox case).

9. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Sorry, I can’t relate, I’ve never taken out frustration on material objects.. Ruining your belongings never solves the issue.

10. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I’m way too logical and practical to do anything like that. My frustration doesn’t last for too long because I automatically get focussed towards solving the problem than venting it out at material objects.

Bear in mind, I live alone, so any mess I make, I have to clean up myself.

11. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

No, why would I ever do such a stupid thing?

12. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

I'm not a complete idiot, so no I have never thrown any of my iPhones on the ground.

13. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

Thank you for sharing your story. I love hearing good things like this. I’ve also been at a point where I’m trying to change things in my life. Trying to see deeper rather than just superficial stuff. Sending love and compassion your way. If you’re a believer, God Bless
    --- Post Merged, Feb 20, 2019 ---
    You’re right. Just gotta get focused on solving the problem. No need to get so frustrated to a point where you potentially break your own stuff especially iPhones lol.

How do you live alone? I would get lonely.

14. Newtons Apple, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I also can not relate. I get upset, have 28 employees, but am able to keep control. I am betting that if the average person threw his phone agknst any hard object, it would no longer work.

Not judging but if it happens often, anger management classes are available.

15. smirking, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019

smirking macrumors 68000

smirking

The only inanimate object that I've ever tried to harm in a fit of rage was an inkjet printer. Even then I was cognizant enough to hit it at its strongest point and hold back enough to not destroy it. Given how much money it guzzled from clogged ink heads over the next five years, I probably would have been better off launching it off of a 10 story building.

Don't judge. I wasn't mean enough to put another miserable inkjet moneypit out of its misery.

16. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Well, if you hadn't felt obliged to come to the confessional box called MacRumours, nobody would have known, and no one would have been in a position to judge.

You really do bring this on yourself don't you?

Now, go say 20 Hail Marys and don't do it again!
    ;)

17. BigG94 macrumors member

There is nothing on the face of this planet or in this or any known solar system that would make me mad enough to slam a fragile electronic gadget that I paid a grand for up front, given that I use an MVNO and don't have any kind of payment plan with a carrier, to the ground. Even though I keep mine in the most rugged case on the planet. (Pelican made out of Kevlar.)

18. Smartass macrumors 65816

Many times, when apple frustratingly slowed down my iphone with their new update "because of bad battery"

19. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

When I was younger my Dad got really angry about losing a bet on a football match, so he threw me to the ground.

Oh wait, you're talking about valuable objects. Nope, can't relate. Sorry.

20. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Lol. I’ve lived away from family since I was around 10 years old I think. I’m just too self dependent now to really need anyone else in my life. I don’t even get bored because I’ve got so much to do myself.

21. Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

22. arms10 macrumors member

arms10

No, but I was involved in a work-related incident where the stress level was rising and my iPhone X was in my hand. Fortunately I told myself “you need to put that phone in pocket now”.

23. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

I know this might be a troll thread, but seriously- anger management issues.