Have you ever heard of Mémoires journal app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Traverse, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I had a thread a while back about a general journal app. I have that now and I was hoping to find an offline, Mac only daily writing app with a calendar. Day One is nice, but I don't want syncing. At least, I may use Day One for a general one, but I want a local-only app for private thoughts.

The app Mémories from the MAS look like exactly what I want, but I'm afraid to try it. I'm somewhat paranoid about applications from unknown developers because I fear there may be some form of tracking or insecurity.

Have you ever heard of this app or developer or could recommend another? Most of the apps I find in the MAS or abroad are either abandoned, outdated, or have terrible reviews (MacJournal).

Thank you.

2. Evren Carven macrumors regular

Evren Carven

It seems the link you given is the latest version Mémories 4 which released at Mar 23, 2015. I cannot see any user review for this version. If you have any worry about this app, you may wait for some review or you can search by google to learn more information about this app. As far as I know, all apps on the MAS had been reviewed by Apple.

3. Significant1 macrumors 6502

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

If you are paranoid, install Little Snitch and watch for any outgoing traffic from the app.