Have you ever used drugs/still used drugs?

Do you do drugs?

• Yes

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • I plan to do drugs in the future

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I used to do drugs, but not anymore.

Votes: 21 23.6%

• Total voters

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Question, have you ever used drugs, or do you use drugs? If so? What and how often?

Myself, yes.

Back in college I used to do Weed, Mushrooms, Ludes, Cocaine ( if It was free ), and acid.

Still graduated with flawless grades ;) With a job lined up at a pretty epic company ( Boeing )

I don't really do drugs anymore, besides mushrooms now and then, and a weed brownie every now and then,and every new years I do a ton of coke, its pretty fun. I've got no time these days, but when I retire! Bo ya!

Last edited:

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Never have. Can't say I never will either. Just like alcohol I simply do not see the appeal I had at the most a total of 6 beers last year. I don't smoke, I am simply fat because I like good food:D

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Never have. Can't say I never will either. Just like alcohol I simply do not see the appeal I had at the most a total of 6 beers last year. I don't smoke, I am simply fat because I like good food:D
I love good food to :)

But, if you eat a brownie, after like an hour...everything is amazing..

First time I smoked weed, I was 16, at a Dennys....I was like " this is the best order of chicken tenders I've ever had in my life... "

----------

So I’m assuming “now and then” is this evening ... :D
Oh yes.

Gotta admit....just started the bonfire and people are arriving...kinda premature ;)

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Question, have you ever used drugs, or do you use drugs? If so? What and how often?

Myself, yes.

Back in college I used to do Weed, Mushrooms, Ludes, Cocaine ( if It was free ), and acid.

Still graduated with flawless grades ;) With a job lined up at a pretty epic company ( Boeing )

I don't really do drugs anymore, besides mushrooms now and then, and a weed brownie every now and then,and every new years I do a ton of coke, its pretty fun. I've got no time these days, but when I retire! Bo ya!
Yea...that's not really doing drugs:roll eyes:

Myself? Never have never will. Never drank alcohol until I was 21. Never tried weed, never tried anything.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
Pumpkindale
No it isn't clear. I took it to mean recreational drugs.
I would count both caffeine and alcohol as recreational. I consume them both in a recreational setting. I sip iced tea while lying on my balcony, and I sip a martini while lying on my... um, recreational partner.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I find alcohol far worse than pot. I can't do pot, I get totally tired and slow after a joint. I grew up with a pot-smoking mom, she was an airbrush and tattoo artist and ex-hippie and enjoyed her pot in a far more responsible way than I've seen plenty of beer can drinking dads do their "parental duties". I tried it when I was 16 or so, but stuck to beer instead, these days I like martinis (preferably gin), wine and beer, but going by my personal experiences, alcohol is far more dangerous than pot, I've seen nasty drunks, alcoholics etc., never met someone who got all angry on pot or off pot. People will realize in another decade or two that it's really stupid to ban it while allowing booze.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
I would count both caffeine and alcohol as recreational. I consume them both in a recreational setting. I sip iced tea while lying on my balcony, and I sip a martini while lying on my... um, recreational partner.
If that is the case, then everyone who has had soda of any kind, tea, or coffee has done drugs. That would pretty much put everyone here in the 'yes' category.

BL.

flowrider

macrumors 603
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^Notice I said Illicit:

forbidden by law, rules, or custom: illicit drugs | illicit sex.

Lou

noodlemanc

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Australasia
Although not so much anymore, I drink alcohol a fair bit. I've also tried cannabis a couple of times, it was a pretty fun thing to do with friends, but it wasn't so fantastic that I'd do it regularly. I haven't done much else, although I do want to try cocaine sometime.

Renzatic

Suspended
I find alcohol far worse than pot.
I've always felt the same way. Getting high is a much more enjoyable experience to getting drunk. When you're high, you mellow out, and everything feels mystical and grand for a few hours. If you do too much, you simply fall asleep, and wake up the next morning feeling a little slow.

Getting drunk? You down a few shots of tequila, and suddenly it's the next day, you're covered in your own vomit, and feeling like someone is kicking in your brains from the inside.

And the most important thing is that, with weed, you still have a modicum of control over your actions. Even though you're laughing like a goon at every stupid little thing that mildly amuses you, there's still that sense of propriety and self awareness that you flat out lose when you're drunk.

Given a choice, I'd much rather smoke weed than get drunk. I've only been drunk 3 times, and I hated it every single time.

I haven't done much else, although I do want to try cocaine sometime.
No, you really don't. And I'm not saying that just because it's bad for you, but the experience itself is...terrible. You snort it, it hurts like hell, then for the next half hour, you feel like you have naerly unlimited amounts of energy. Though contrary to what you think after reading that, it's not a good feeling. It's like an energy you HAVE to get rid of, or your heart will explode in your chest from the pure, unendurable tension of it all. So you run around acting like a manic jackass to have something to do, annoying your friends and family to no end, and then...

...you come down. And it's a hundred times worse than a hangover.

I've done it once, and never again. I wouldn't suggest subjecting yourself to it.

Last edited:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors 604
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I dabbled with illegal drugs at university I must admit. I would never do them again as I have grown up and am more mature. As soon as I reached the legal age to drink (18) I made the most of the social life going out every Saturday night, but that is part of being young. I don't drink heavily any more. I used to go out to pubs when I was 16 with a fake ID and it was a lot easier to get away with it in those days. Pubs have to clamp down on it now or face huge fines.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Yea...that's not really doing drugs:roll eyes:

Myself? Never have never will. Never drank alcohol until I was 21. Never tried weed, never tried anything.
Sure it is!

My point is that I hardly do those things anymore, if I have some downtime yeah I'll do something, but doesn't happen very much anyone.