Have you ever used drugs/still used drugs?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by G51989, Jul 17, 2014.

?

Do you do drugs?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. I plan to do drugs in the future

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. I used to do drugs, but not anymore.

21 vote(s)
    23.6%
  1. G51989, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Question, have you ever used drugs, or do you use drugs? If so? What and how often?

Myself, yes.

Back in college I used to do Weed, Mushrooms, Ludes, Cocaine ( if It was free ), and acid.

Still graduated with flawless grades ;) With a job lined up at a pretty epic company ( Boeing )

I don't really do drugs anymore, besides mushrooms now and then, and a weed brownie every now and then,and every new years I do a ton of coke, its pretty fun. I've got no time these days, but when I retire! Bo ya!

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Never have. Can't say I never will either. Just like alcohol I simply do not see the appeal I had at the most a total of 6 beers last year. I don't smoke, I am simply fat because I like good food:D

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You might want to revise your first statement.

4. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

So I’m assuming “now and then” is this evening ... :D

5. G51989 thread starter macrumors 68030

G51989

I love good food to :)

But, if you eat a brownie, after like an hour...everything is amazing..

First time I smoked weed, I was 16, at a Dennys....I was like " this is the best order of chicken tenders I've ever had in my life... "

----------

Oh yes.

[​IMG]

Gotta admit....just started the bonfire and people are arriving...kinda premature ;)

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Never done drugs, he did not ask but I threw in alcohol & cigs. Hope that clears it up

7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You've consumed alcohol.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

As said, the OP did NOT ask about alcohol. I put that in

10. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

OP asked about drugs. What don't you understand?

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Yea...that's not really doing drugs:roll eyes:

Myself? Never have never will. Never drank alcohol until I was 21. Never tried weed, never tried anything.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

:BangHead:
    English apparently. I don't understand English. Excuse me while I snort some alcohol & eat a vodka brownie

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Clearly the context is illegal drugs. What don't you understand?

Otherwise do we count caffeine? tylenol? ibuprofen?

14. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

No it isn't clear. I took it to mean recreational drugs.

15. chown33 macrumors 604

I would count both caffeine and alcohol as recreational. I consume them both in a recreational setting. I sip iced tea while lying on my balcony, and I sip a martini while lying on my... um, recreational partner.

16. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I never have and I never will.

17. dec. Suspended

dec.

I find alcohol far worse than pot. I can't do pot, I get totally tired and slow after a joint. I grew up with a pot-smoking mom, she was an airbrush and tattoo artist and ex-hippie and enjoyed her pot in a far more responsible way than I've seen plenty of beer can drinking dads do their "parental duties". I tried it when I was 16 or so, but stuck to beer instead, these days I like martinis (preferably gin), wine and beer, but going by my personal experiences, alcohol is far more dangerous than pot, I've seen nasty drunks, alcoholics etc., never met someone who got all angry on pot or off pot. People will realize in another decade or two that it's really stupid to ban it while allowing booze.

18. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

I'm 75, and I have never done illicit drugs. Not my thing:eek:

Lou

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If that is the case, then everyone who has had soda of any kind, tea, or coffee has done drugs. That would pretty much put everyone here in the 'yes' category.

BL.

20. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

^^^^Notice I said Illicit:

forbidden by law, rules, or custom: illicit drugs | illicit sex.

Lou

21. Kaylor macrumors regular

Kaylor

Nope. No plans to either. A lot of my friends at school see it as something they should try at least once, but I have zero interest.

22. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Although not so much anymore, I drink alcohol a fair bit. I've also tried cannabis a couple of times, it was a pretty fun thing to do with friends, but it wasn't so fantastic that I'd do it regularly. I haven't done much else, although I do want to try cocaine sometime.

23. Renzatic, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014

Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I've always felt the same way. Getting high is a much more enjoyable experience to getting drunk. When you're high, you mellow out, and everything feels mystical and grand for a few hours. If you do too much, you simply fall asleep, and wake up the next morning feeling a little slow.

Getting drunk? You down a few shots of tequila, and suddenly it's the next day, you're covered in your own vomit, and feeling like someone is kicking in your brains from the inside.

And the most important thing is that, with weed, you still have a modicum of control over your actions. Even though you're laughing like a goon at every stupid little thing that mildly amuses you, there's still that sense of propriety and self awareness that you flat out lose when you're drunk.

Given a choice, I'd much rather smoke weed than get drunk. I've only been drunk 3 times, and I hated it every single time.

No, you really don't. And I'm not saying that just because it's bad for you, but the experience itself is...terrible. You snort it, it hurts like hell, then for the next half hour, you feel like you have naerly unlimited amounts of energy. Though contrary to what you think after reading that, it's not a good feeling. It's like an energy you HAVE to get rid of, or your heart will explode in your chest from the pure, unendurable tension of it all. So you run around acting like a manic jackass to have something to do, annoying your friends and family to no end, and then...

...you come down. And it's a hundred times worse than a hangover.

I've done it once, and never again. I wouldn't suggest subjecting yourself to it.

24. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

I dabbled with illegal drugs at university I must admit. I would never do them again as I have grown up and am more mature. As soon as I reached the legal age to drink (18) I made the most of the social life going out every Saturday night, but that is part of being young. I don't drink heavily any more. I used to go out to pubs when I was 16 with a fake ID and it was a lot easier to get away with it in those days. Pubs have to clamp down on it now or face huge fines.

25. G51989 thread starter macrumors 68030

G51989

Sure it is!

My point is that I hardly do those things anymore, if I have some downtime yeah I'll do something, but doesn't happen very much anyone.