Have you lost/damaged your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jester0723, Sep 28, 2012.

?

OK, I've

1. Lost my iPhone/had it stolen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Broken my iphone

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Both lost my iPhone and broken my iPhone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None of the above - my iPhone has been safe!

24 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. jester0723 macrumors regular

I'm trying to decide between Verizon's Asurion coverage of my iPhone 5 and Applecare+. Apple's option is obviously the more affordable - $200 for two years of coverage and two replacements to Verizon's $560 for the same.

However, Applecare+ doesn't cover loss or theft. I've never lost a phone but I'm obviously a little concerned about the possibility. I know you can use Find My iPhone to track it if you've lost it and you can make it worthless to any thief by contacting Apple and reporting it stolen, but you don't get it back.

I've created a poll to see how common this is. Let me know if you have any advice.

Thanks!

2. ezekel macrumors regular

Never lost a phone. But I'm going to end up doing applecare and amex warranty.

3. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i jumped in a pool with my iphone 4 in my pocket like a year ago :/ luckily i had a cool apple genius swap it for a refurb at no cost.

4. spades1412 macrumors 6502

5. jester0723 thread starter macrumors regular

I have the Otterbox Defender so I don't think it's likely that the phone will break if I drop it (with my old phone, I would drop it pretty frequently, but generally they weren't too high of drops). I am a little concerned about theft though. I think I might stick with Asurion.