Have you made a sweet Ringtone and you want to share?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ryanhdd, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Ryanhdd macrumors regular

So I have mad some cool ringtones and would like to share them, I am sure there are many more who have done the same. The ones i have to share where made with loops in Garage Band so they are free to give away without getting in trouble with anyone. So now I just do not know how to share them.
    Maybe someone can help me out. Is there a way to share them like you would with photo bucket, I think this could be a cool post, and i hope everyone gets onboard. we could even rank them and maybe give sweet props to the best. what do you guys think.

2. macdim macrumors 6502

I like that idea. I like hearing what others use as ringtones. You could always archive all your tones into one file and post them to Mega Upload and then give us the link.

3. DaneGuy macrumors 6502

I'd love to hear them. I'm looking for something really LOUD!

4. elbirth macrumors 65816

yeah, I'd really like some good loud (but decent sounding) tonal ringtones. I don't want music to play when my phone rings.

5. Ryanhdd thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, well the ones i have so far are music, but i will have to go and make them a lot louder, I kinda thought that they needed to be louder anyways. so its a reason to go back and edit them. I will go check out that site mega uplaod and will update on that soon.

6. Ryanhdd thread starter macrumors regular

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8KC8GDRX

Ok lets see if you can download this one. it am not sure it i like mega upload its a bit confusing.
    Here is the tonal one from the tv commercials.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EULDOFZB

I have tons of SFX's cd's and well i run a recording studio and production house so tonight when i get to work and I have some free time I will make a few Tonal Loud ones and well we will see how it goes from there. I hope this can take off. Thanks

7. Nicholie macrumors regular

I use a "Old Bell Phone" ringtone that is far superior to Apple's built in Old Phone ringtone. Has that nice higher pitched bell sound like you'd see in "Its A Wonderful Life", and makes it much more noticeable to hear.

8. elbirth macrumors 65816

wow that one's great, awesome job

thanks for offering to do that, I'm sure lots of people will enjoy what you can come up with. what I meant by tonal ones was more just various sounds that aren't popular music tracks made by simply taking a snippet from a song in iTunes or whatever. Something like what you made is great, although if you do have some ideas for less musical-derived ones as well, those are completely welcome too.

9. sholmes macrumors newbie

I'm glad you posted this thread as I have a related question. Is there anywhere to get just standard ringtones that are free? I'm not talking about music or copyrighted material. I'm just looking for something like you would hear when an office phone rings at work.

I know it's boring, but I'm not into the whole music thing for ringtones. I want my phone to sound like a phone when it rings. Does anyone know where I can find some or do I have to learn how to make them?

Thanks!

10. Wailord macrumors 6502

I've made two wallpapers and five ringtones- one of the Vegas skyline (wallpaper), an AT&T logo inside of an Apple logo (wallpaper), three clips from rap songs, the sound Arbok makes from Pokémon (I just think it's so hilarious), and Wall-E's little... call... name... thing. :D

11. acwlaw macrumors newbie

You all may have seen this before, but in case you haven't, here is a link to download the CTU Ringtone (from the show "24") for the iphone. I've been using it for a while and find it to be loud enough: http://blog.devost.net/2007/12/16/24-ctu-ringtone-for-apple-iphone/

I am always looking for other "normal" ringtones and wish there was a service to download user created ringtones that aren't music or weird sound effects.

12. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I have a good snow hey oh one thats good but sorta quiet.

ChrisN

13. Ryanhdd thread starter macrumors regular

14. elbirth macrumors 65816

those were cool too, made anymore in the last couple days, or does anyone else have any they've made and would like to post?