iPhone X Have you noticed certain apps notify you during and after a photo has been saved?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Jun 13, 2019.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

When you click save to save a picture on Twitter and Instagram it shows you not one but two completely unnecessary pop ups that block your screen. I don’t care that it’s only a couple seconds, it’s irritating because it’s completely pointless. I know it’s saving the picture, I don’t need 2 popups! I seriously will never understand this. They literally had to program it to do that, why?

There are other things similar to that I’ve noticed, this Bluetooth headset I just got literally beeps to let you know when you’ve reached max volume. Again, why? I know it’s maxed out when it stops getting louder!! No one else uses these stupid notifications why didn’t they get the memo?

2. now i see it macrumors 68040

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Who would want unnecessary popups??

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Somethings you are just going to have to live with!

Just a fact of life!

5. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Bad software design? Sorry, not in a hyper competitive free market like this, especially not from the leading brand.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Sorry but not a lot of people complaining about it. Just one of those thing you will have to put up with. Some will not be bothered while others get "ticked" over things like this. I choose to engage my time worrying about other things but I understand things like this can be a problem for some.

7. now i see it macrumors 68040

There's lots of things everywhere, just look around, you'll see, where incredibly complex machines etc were created by extremely intelligent people. Much smarter than you or I. But often that higher IQ comes at a cost of wisdom. It's very rare (at least in my experience) that really smart people have wisdom. They might be able to figure out the most complex mathematical formulas or design mind boggling electronics, but when an obstacle is presented that requires a wise decision, they often fall flat on their face.

Software (for the most part) is created by intelligent people. But that doesn't mean they've all got a clue to what's going on. Some of them obviously don't. Just part of being human.