Have you noticed when you scroll down through your list of text conversations

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Sep 19, 2012.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

and you open one about mid way down, after you send a text and you click the "messages" back arrow that takes you back to messages, it is still scrolled down to the middle of the list? This makes no sense, it should go back to the top, now that you've sent a message that conversation is at the top of the list

Anyone else notice this?

2. kanesw macrumors regular

kanesw

If it does indeed do that, it hasn't bothered me in the slightest

3. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Is it really that big a deal to hit the time to scroll to the top?

4. satchow macrumors 6502

5. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Not necessarily a big deal, just another inconvenience that is completely unneccessary. Especially inconsistent with Apples "user friendly" and it just works business model

6. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

What exactly isn't working?

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Considering I have years of conversations in my phone (which I should probably delete), when I look for something, it would suck to have to scroll with my finger all the way back down. It's more intuitive for it to go back to the beginning. There's no easy way to scroll down like there is up.

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

It isn't "smart" of the phone to stop in its tracks at a place in your list of conversations that you no longer need to look in as you have already found the conversation. It should go back to the beginning as that is where all of your active and most recent conversationa are.

----------

What? I'm confused by your post. Can you please explain what you meant?

----------

It's not a web browser though, it's a texting application

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

What I'm saying is its intuitive the way it is. It works like the rest of the OS apps.

10. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

You said it would suck to have to scroll all the way back down, but then you said its more intuitive for it to go back to the beginning. Those two statements contradict each other.....

11. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Because you're not understanding what I am saying and I don't care enough to argue about such a minute thing.

12. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

If you've already found the conversation you were looking for why would you want it to stay scrolled down??