Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtnbikerva1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
I have had people complain they are unable to understand my greeting.
I also have a hard time do to the lack of quality recording instrument used by AT&T to understand messages left for me.
I have used multiple methods and phones to record my greeting but they all sound like a horrible electronic recording. I have tried talking with AT&T about the lack of sound quality for the voice recording both for my greeting and when people leave me voice mail and they either do not care or are unable to do anything about it.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Nope.

Mine sounds just like I recorded it. And voicemails left for me come in crystal clear as well.

Nope. In my small pickup, at 60MPH, one window rolled down, I can still hear and understand VVM messages. Over bluetooth. And, after too many years of flight lines, computer rooms, and other noisy places, my hearing isn't what it used to be, not by a long shot.

So I have to say, "not me".

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Ummm...voicemails are recorded at AT&T and not by the iPhone's operating system.

I think the OP means the greeting you leave for callers, not the quality of the voicemail you hear on your phone (which I have heard has gotten worse).

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
In my reply to Foamer, I was talking about his comment on voicemail quality with 2.1.

But if you want to talk about the OP's post, he did mention the quality of his voicemail message and the quality of messages left for him.

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
In my reply to Foamer, I was talking about his comment on voicemail quality with 2.1.

But if you want to talk about the OP's post, he did mention the quality of his voicemail message and the quality of messages left for him.

Ah, true. I guess we can all agree that both voicemail AND voicemail message sound quality suck...:p

tom5304

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
I can hear phone calls fine using my iPhone earbuds, but I can barely hear voice messages at all. Lately I just unplug my earbuds and use the "speaker" function to hear my voicemails.

sjjordan

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2003
United States
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I noticed it and it really bothers me. I'll get a voice mail from someone and then call them back. The voices sound totally different.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Ah, true. I guess we can all agree that both voicemail AND voicemail message sound quality suck...:p

Are you a politician? I ask, because regardless of what's being said, you're putting your own twist on things.

My voicemail greeting and the messages that are being left for me sound natural and come across crystal clear. Obviously, the OP is experiencing problems. But that doesn't mean that everyone is having problems as you suggest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.