Have you written to Steve Jobs and/or gotten an email reply from him?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeyondtheTech, Jun 30, 2010.

?

Have you corresponded with Steve Jobs via email?

1. I've emailed him, he's emailed me back.

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. I've emailed him, he's never emailed me back.

29 vote(s)
    40.3%
  3. I've never emailed him.

33 vote(s)
    45.8%
  4. Other, see my post in this thread below.

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Just curious of all the people who fired off an email to Steve Jobs himself, regardless of content or conversation, did you actually get a response from him?

I've sent off a number of emails, and most of them are relatively professional, polite, insightful, intuitive, and/or direct, and I have yet to be as lucky as some others who have posted here and on other blogs sites. What am I doing wrong?

Of course, with emails like the ones posted here, I'm surprised he even responds at all.

2. big0mar macrumors regular

Emailed him. We mostly discussed stock price and how all these "trolls" are trying to drive it down.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

And my emails to him are us laughing at people who call others names just because they don't agree with others.

But snarky reply to the poster above aside - Yes. I've emailed sjobs@apple.com. Whether or not it's him is irrelevant. It's still the voice of the company. I've only written to him twice (same conversation) and that conversation is currently on the front page of MR. So yes - I did get two responses.

4. garp macrumors member

I had a long and frustrating exchange with "Customer Service" at Apple in regards to my pre-order that they canceled. I copied Steve on the last email I sent and was floored to get a response literally 7 minutes later. He didn't offer any real help, but it was cool in a geeky way to even get a response.

5. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Any response would have sufficed for me. I tried making my emails short and to the point, tried other angles, nothing. And, I had really valid points to make, too.

6. big0mar macrumors regular

Huh?

You do realize that manufacturing hysteria around a publicly traded corporation is pretty common when dealing with the markets? I'm not saying that people aren't experiencing problems, but it would be naive to assume that there aren't people coming here that don't even own an iPhone, trying to drive down AAPL prices.

7. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Actually yes... well sort of. Not sure who dealt with it but...

I complained to Steve Jobs and Phil Schiller about a development problem that had been plaguing me for a year. Amazingly I received a phone call the same day. The Apple contact was charged with resolving the situation. 24 hours later, everything was resolved.

Extremely happy developer resulted.

8. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

E-mailed him about the antenna issue. Was really nice, and made it clear that I've bought a LOT of Apple products. No response.

9. onesweetearl macrumors member

I emailed him right after I got the orginal iphone. Just saying it was great, and how i used it in college. Can't remember the reply but it was the typical one word or sentence... actually think it was just "Thanks". but i thought it was pretty cool