Haven't found the option to change # of desktops in Mission Control?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Steve686, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

Does anyone have any idea how to change the number of desktops in Mission Control? I have 9 along the top and I don't know if it has to do with the fact that Leopard had 9 "Spaces" when I used that?

I would like to trim it down to 4-6, but not nine.

TIA for any help.

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

open mission control and either drag an app or just move the mouse to the upper right side of the screen you will see a new desktop start to creep in, if you dragged an app just drop it on the new desktop, otherwise pull in the new desktop, you can create as many as you like, and delete them by hovering over an empty one until an X appears in the upper left corner.

3. monaarts macrumors 65816

While in mission control you can hold Option and it will show an X on the desktops for you to delete. If you want to add an app to open in that desktop, go to the dock and right click the icon and select Options > Assign To. If you want to add a new desktop, hold Option while in mission control and click the empty desktop to the top right of the screen. ;-)

- Joe

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Just enter Mission Control and hover the mouse pointer over the Desktop you want to remove. A small X should appear in the top-left corner of the Desktop, just click the X to remove the Desktop. If that doesn't work, try holding down the Option key while in MC and the X should appear on all the Desktops.

5. Steve686 thread starter macrumors 68020

Steve686

oh boy! thank you! such a simple task i didn't even think of trying.