Haven't had 3g in my area for about 4-5 days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hitman0304, Jul 6, 2009.

1. hitman0304 macrumors member

It's a problem on AT&T's end cause all my friends with iPhones are having the same problem. At first I was just waiting it out, but now it's getting annoying. Should I call AT&T and see what's up or just wait it out? Anyone else have problems like this before?

2. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Before calling at&t, try flipping the phone into Airplane mode, waiting 10 seconds, then flipping it back.

If that doesn't do anything - yeah, call at&t.

3. Versus macrumors member

I dunno if that helped the OP, but it worked like a charm for me. I suddenly stopped getting a signal, so I turned the phone off and back on. It was showing 5 bars and "3G", but no dice. I had to use Edge to find this thread and sure enough, toggling airplane mode kicked her back into gear.

it seems faster now, too, but I'm sure that's because I was using Edge for a few minutes. Anyway, thanks, cellocello.

4. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

At least you HAD 3G. Upstate NY, still nada. Yay!

5. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Maybe they shut it off to update? Hopefully! Slow bastards.. :mad:

6. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Don't feel alone. Anything south of Buffalo all the way to Pittsburgh has no 3G. I'm near Erie and we have nothing. We're you heavily Cellular One up there before the merger? We were.

7. MrSoprano macrumors member

This has been my solution since Friday 6-26-09. At work I used to get full 3G then all of a sudden my iphone won't keep the 3G connection. I will sit at my desk with full 3G with everything working fine and then it will just revert to Edge and will hardly even work at all. All the people with iphones where I work are experiencing the same thing. Very annoying and unacceptable. I hope this gets resolved with the 3.1 update!

8. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

9. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Ya we have the old Dobson towers. Supposedly this is a major issue. But honesly they could have built 30 towers in the time it's taking them to upgrade. Sigh.

10. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Hmmm... I looked at the coverage map and it has changed from the last time I checked it a week ago. It's now showing Erie as having 3G.