Having an Iphone and Ipod touch to much?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sheemmd, Apr 23, 2012.

1. sheemmd macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I have a new ipod 4s 16gb via sprint. Would it be a dumb idea to get a ipod touch for music only. I was looking at the 3rd gen 64 gb used? Thanks!

2. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Having a larger capacity ipod is a good thing. I have a 16G 4S and I HAD a 32G iPod touch 4th generation. I sold the iPod on ebay cause it was a bit redundant. I picked up a used iPod classic on eBay for $40 instead. It's 80 gigs and that's plenty for music. The iPhone can handle everything else.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68030

If you mean new ipod 4s 16 Gb via sprint, you meant iPhone 4S 16 GB correct? I would say it would be up to you. I personally feel it's dumb to carry an ipod touch and an iphone, because it's pretty much the same thing but that the ipod touch does not have the phone feature.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Due to the storage limitations on the phone (and battery life) I still rock my iPod classic for longer trips, but use the phone for day-to-day.

5. BiggAW macrumors 68020

I'd get a classic if you need more room. My friend used to do that. I wanted to combine my Android phone and iPod Touch 64GB, so I got a 64GB iPhone 4S!

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

It's not a one-size-fits-all matter. I have an iPhone and 2 iPods. Without more details from you you're just going to get people recommending what they prefer without any thought regarding the relevance to your own needs/wants. Do whatever works for you.

7. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

I generally agree with the others. An iPhone and an iPod touch seem a bit redundant. I myself have an 16GB 4S. I keep an iPod nano in my car purely for musical needs. But for myself, the iPod touch would be a waste.

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I also use my iPod touch for commuting which leaves my iPhone free for surfing etc.

9. sheemmd thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys I like my iphone via sprint, but when I get calls it gets annoying switching back to the phone mode. I wanted a seperate apple mp3 player for music. So I thought maybe spend $100 plus a on used ipod touch at 64 gb 3rd gen. Thoughts?? Thx

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Can you explain what this means?

11. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I do the same except with a 6th gen iPod Nano. My music library fits on the 16gb version.

12. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Yeah, I would think just the opposite... stops the music when you get a call...

13. cshel24 macrumors member

I have both iPhone 4 and iPod Touch (2nd generation)....sometimes I think it is too much. I am probably going to end up selling the Touch because I have a little Nano that works better for the car because of the ability to change songs and stuff not looking.

My reasoning for the Touch (I found it pretty cheap on eBay) was to have a dedicated music player for my car. Yes, I know that the iPhone will work the same way, but I hate having to dig it out of the glove box when I go inside somewhere and unplugging it and all that stuff. It is much easier to have one dedicated to leave in the car.

14. Navdakilla macrumors 65816

Not at all. I was actually thinking of getting a iPod touch (have a 4s and iPad) to leave in the living room. And use to control my apple tv and browse netflix and YouTube on (through the apple tv) I have found myself doing that more often, and it would be cool to have a device that would just be stationary for that reason. I may wait until the update (probably around christmas time) just because the 4rth generation touch is pretty brutal as far as technical specs go