Having issues with iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrdroid921, Mar 13, 2013.

1. mrdroid921 macrumors newbie

I have a Verizon iPhone 4S and since updating to 6.1.2, my signal has been acting crazy, going from 4 bars to 1, then searching. I am also having problems with the phone freezing up, making me press the power button to respring. Another issue is with getting calls, someone says they call me and I have nothing. I am not sure what's going on, but I did a full restore and set up as new. I know it's not my phone, because 6.0 and 6.0.1 were working fine. Is anyone else have these issues and know of a fix?

2. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I'd try:
    Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

3. mrdroid921 thread starter macrumors newbie

Did that also :(

I see others on some other forums complaining about the freezing up and stuff, so I don't know if this is just a iOS 6.1.2 issue with only some or everyone..

4. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

That sounds really frustrating. If it's jailbroken, you should tap that resource for help. Otherwise, is it possible Verizon hasn't pushed their carrier settings update to you yet? What version are you on? Look in settings>general>about. I'm on 14.0, which I believe is the most current, at least in my area. If the phone is new and still under warrantee, it would be worth calling tech support to sort this out and/or get fixed, but don't tell them it's jailbroken if it is. They aren't so keen on that, as you probably know.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

The signal issue can be a hardware issue. It happened on my 3GS. One second you have 5 bars, 10 seconds later, you drop to 1 and then no service/searching. Then connects back to 5 bars instantly.

6. mrdroid921 thread starter macrumors newbie

But this didn't start till 6.1.1 and 6.1.2

----------

Not jailbroken

7. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

Mine is fine after updating to 6.1.2 but mine's not Jailbroken. Hmmm. Don't you think it's a hardware problem? it's hard if your signal is not working properly

8. mrdroid921 thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is, it's not all the time, plus it didn't happen until I updated to 6.1.1 and then 6.1.2 it's also not just the signal, it's hanging of the browser, freezing of the phone and so on. The phone some time out of no where just freezes and I have to press the power button and pretty much respring to unfreeze it.

9. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

That's true. Not all users have the same issues, mine is fine but yours is not. Did you try to do a hard reboot or reset the settings?

10. mrdroid921 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I did both. I have a replacement on the way from vzw, so hopefully that will help me out.