Having trouble reserving iPhone 4s for in store pickup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by akacaj, Nov 16, 2011.

1. akacaj macrumors regular

akacaj

If you click the reserve button on this page after 9pm and you get an "unable to connect to server" error.
    The blue button links to this page:
    http://reserve.apple.com/WebObjects/ProductReservation.woa/wa/reserveProduct?lang=en&country=US

removing the prelaunch=MC918LL_A parameter and the link works. But after selecting the store you will have to select iPhone from the list of products.

TLTR Use this link instead: http://reserve.apple.com/WebObjects/ProductReservation.woa/wa/reserveProduct?lang=en&country=US

2. b24pgg macrumors 65816

Dude, I love you. I had no idea why I couldn't connect to the server and then you saved the day. Just reserved with the link you provided.

It's times like this that really make me appreciate the awesomeness that is the internet.

3. kalex macrumors 65816

4. MacAttacked macrumors member

Well done, thanks!

Now I can finally switch my white for the black.

5. airdrummingfool macrumors newbie

awesome! thanks for this info :D

Unfortunately it appears that 1:15am is too late to order for next-day pickup (though I view 1am as "later" than 9pm) so I will have to wait another day.

6. Appledappledo macrumors newbie

Am I getting this right, that you can buy an iPhone 4S in-store (as opposed to home delivery) by reserving online the night before, as happens in the UK?

7. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

What the hell? Why are ALL the unlocked iPhones in ALL sizes unavailable even right at 9pm?

My window to return my 16GB will soon close, and I can't return it now because it's the only phone I have. I certainly did not expect that the unlocked 64GB will be so difficult to obtain. WTF???

-SGD

8. Cruzhome macrumors newbie

Saved Time- Thanks

Worked perfect after 30 minutes of error messages!